Home

NBA 2K14 - New Signature Skills Revealed, Including Pre-Order LeBron Coast to Coast

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 - New Signature Skills Revealed, Including Pre-Order LeBron Coast to Coast within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #41
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 - New Signature Skills Revealed, Including Pre-Order LeBron Coast to Coa

In concept and theory signature skills are awesome. They tweaked some of the existing ones and added others to increase their depth. All of that is good.

The implementation is what I am concerned about. 2k13 had given them out to way too many people. Many of these sig skills should have a limit of 4 or 5 players max having them.

Two examples; one from 2k and one from the featured skills of 2k14. First, take flashy passes. I bet you that there will be 10-15 guards which will have this. In my mind only the passers on the level of Magic Johnson should have it. In today's NBA I'm not sure if any rise to this level; maybe Rubio but even he is iffy in my judgement as a candidate for this extremely powerful skill.

Second - the floor general skill. There are a lot of good guards in the NBA who direct their team, yet there are very few (Nash and Paul) that stand out at a level above the others.

I really hope their use is limited so that those that have the skills are really deserving of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1
I love all of these additions conceptually. As long as they work. I never felt like k love or faired were more effective rebounders than any other of on the game. Hopefully that sig skill actually brings these guys to life. Pick dodger is alo welcomed because brick wall had no counter last year. As far as the one man break and coast to past, I feel lie that eisted last year even if there was no name for it. When bron or Westbrook or magic got a rebound it would iniate a fast break animation that required you to get busy with that turbo button if u wanted a chance to stop them. IRL he Miami heat win most of their games by destroying the transition gme so that should be simulated in 2k. But when a team like the spurs can get Miami into a half court game they have a chance to beat them. As long as poppovich doesn't bench his 7 for hall of famer!,, grrrrr I digress. But looking forward to 2k14
Old 08-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #43
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 - New Signature Skills Revealed, Including Pre-Order LeBron Coast to Coa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdub33
As far as the one man break and coast to past, I feel lie that eisted last year even if there was no name for it.
I always felt the sigs were already in the game too and now we just know what they are. I did underestimate the impact of the signature skills on the game this year so I think the fast break one will be enhanced in some way. So it's either that they are enhanced or since they are identified more people know how to take advantage of it.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1
Yup your right coach but I think it has helped the casual player be able to understand the intricate strategies involved in basketball. And for the hoop heads like u and me it gives us the chance to really bring te pacers and clippers to life lol
Old 08-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #45
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
  • Tenacious Rebounder

This player is known for his relentlessness when going for rebounds. During rebound situations, he receives up to a 50% increase in winning boxout battles and poking balls loose on rebounds.
Euro-step rebounds anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #46
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K14: Every Signature Skill Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimamba
thats because they dont cheese.... you know once the game is out people will find ways to exploit it
You can't "cheese" unless you have a fastbreak oppurtunity. Even then, did you even see the contact in the paint? That tactic is not going to be effective if you get back on defense and Lebron has to somehow dribbble through 3 people and then finish over them...

Again, how many fastbreak oppurtunities did you see? I know JWill. I know how he plays. If he saw a fastbreak oppurtunity he would go coast to coast in a heartbeat.

Explain how they'll cheese. I'll wait.

Last edited by DukeC; 08-30-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm happy they kept most of them the same because I've gotten really used to using them. The Lebron and fastbreak skills add a little more cheese but considering the defense will be improved and you'll have the ability to block dunks, it evens it out for me. Also, I'm a pick & roll, catch & shoot, player so it's cool my style will get a boost as well.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
Euro-step rebounds anyone?

nah if anything it's made rebounding less dominant because you'll have to spend 2 spots

From 2K13's sig skills:

Quote:

Scrapper

Example Players: Chuck Hayes, Reggie Evans, Tyler Hansbrough

A hustle guy known for his ability to dive for loose balls, win boxout battles and strip rebounds from opponents. A small attribute boost is given to Speed and Quickness during loose ball dives to display the effort these players usually give. During boxout battles and moves, a Scrapper will be given up to a 50% increase in the boxout win chance. For rebounds, a Scrapper has a 50% increase in the chance of poking the ball loose from an opponent who has already grabbed a rebound.

2K14 Tenacious Rebounder and Scrapper = 2K13's Scrapper

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »