Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Player Ratings

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Player Ratings within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Player Ratings

http://youtu.be/_0wPHZcCbO0

Player ratings by me
Old 09-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpdougie2180
http://youtu.be/_0wPHZcCbO0

Player ratings by me
Looks like 2K have changed the Inside stat to "Standing Layup".
Old 09-26-2013, 02:10 AM   #99
Rookie

sreckless's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by detriotpistonfan
MCW at 61 - cmon 2k.

Jordan Crawford at 76 is unreal.

Austin Rivers was statistically one of the worst rookies ever and he keeps his 71 rating. Dock and let him earn it back this season.

Players who barely played got 1/2 point increases but Granger got docked 4 points. ok 2k

Jamal crawford...where do I begin. So overrated. 4th sig? Really? How can you give guys like crawford and jerrd bayless the pick dodger and not give it to Ray Allen? The OG of running off screens?

2k loves to overrate JR Smith and Shumpert (Ronnie's bff)

Monte Ellis at 85 is overrated. As is Iguodala at 85 and Rudy Gay at 86. Rudy is especially troubling because he was HORRIBLE last year. 2k rewards him by giving him a comparable rating and additional signature skills. Crazy.

Manu Ginobili is still a 86....must be some spurs fans up there at 2k.
DEAD on.

These are a huge letdown. Pandering to the big-market teams with upgrades and totally haphazard downgrades.

I know it's easy to nitpick ratings but jeez.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 6

I cannot figure out the justification for Gordon Hayward's rating. I know it's a small market team, but he practically was their do it all guy. HE matched up against the opposing teams best players. Ran the offense. He was a clutch scorer. He had some amazing defensive playmaking chase downs. I mean were talking about one of the most impressive players at team usa camp this offseason. He gets a 69... (not a 70 cause it was changed to a 70 by some in-game variable). Is it like racism or something? I know he is not as athletic as some swingmen, but they have made him into a kyle korver like player. It's garbage. I hate to vent, but year after year they get this wrong. Not to mention, last year he had the worst face!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 0
That Gordon Hayward rating sickens me. He is one of the more talented players in the league. He's a solid playmaker with the ball and off the ball. Also he is very defensively sound. I got him at 84.
Klay Thompson is better than a 73. He is defensively underrated.

Jamal and Jordan Crawford are overrated especially Jordan C. Blake Griffin should be an 82 because he has the same overall as Al Jefferson who arguably has the best post game in the league and is a good low post defender. Then they gave Blake Post Proficiency......
Bosh I way better than Blake. 2k always hates on Bosh.

The Pacers got hated on again. They are definitely not rated like the 2nd best team in the east.
Austin Rivers 71 LOL.
Nikola Pekovic should be like 82 b/c he avg 17 & 9 last season. Dude is a force in the paint.

Also Kobe played one of his best statistical seasons of his career last year and his rating is lower than it was last year. 27ppg, 6reb & 6ast 47% FG doesn't get you a 95? KD avg 28ppg 8reb 4.6ast 51% aka "the second best player in the nba" If Kobe and KD are 93 and 94 then Lebron should be 97. He's better but not that much better.

Make Durant 6'11 please. I think Paul George is 6'10 also. I think 2k has a height and weight limit that determines how they dribble and they move or run. Durant and Paul George exceed that for their positions. In past games they both move & run like big men. Same for Rudy Gay and other SFs. Only Lebron moves and dribbles like a skilled perimeter player at the SF position in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #102
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

All the complaining , people seem to forget that 2k will be updating the rosters at launch. Stop bursting blood vessels over sigs and overall ratings.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #103
Rookie

sreckless's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
All the complaining , people seem to forget that 2k will be updating the rosters at launch. Stop bursting blood vessels over sigs and overall ratings.

2K has been doing in-season adjustments for four or five years, and most of the time the in-season updates are done with even less forethought than the off-season adjustments, and they end up making the ratings worse.

These ratings show extremely lazy work in this department by Visual Concepts. I almost always find myself defending this game from critics in many other areas, but this is one area where they consistently disappoint.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #104
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

STATs is supposed to be redoing the ratings/tends on Day1, so with that I gots to wait until after Day1 to pass judgement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »