Home

NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Details on Gameplay, AI, New Modes and more!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Details on Gameplay, AI, New Modes and more! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #409
Rookie

OVR: 2
"Wang is talking about Ecomotion. Foot planting. No sliding or phantom steps. Showed difference between cur and next gen. It looks great. Really no sliding. Now showing dribbling. Ball actually rotates while dribbling which is not in current gen."

Exactly why the Ignite engine isnt built from the ground up. EA has sliding and phantom steps in everything and its inexcusable for a game in 2013
Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #410
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Details on Gameplay, AI, New Modes and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
Shoe creator was confirmed in about 20 pages ago
Really? Oh ok good. I didn't read the whole thread. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #411
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I wanna know about atmosphere and sound though.

Tired of the rim sounding like a trash can on both missed shots and dunks

I want the crowd to sound like im in the arena...that stuff needs to change badly

I also pray they grab Fox Sports or TNT or something one of these days because that's missing from their game and its like a perfect fit
Couldn't agree more. These new systems suppose to improve sound, I for one, wanna know more about sound.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #412
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I eagerly await aholberts impression on how the game plays. I was not expecting a new engine and to be honest I wouldn't mind having the same gameplay as the current gen but with the new planting, physics etc.....

No mention of playbooks as I love that smart play feature on current gen....hopefully this new ai makes free flow more organic and less...robotic?
Old 10-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #413
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Not sure I follow Boiler, 2K has confirmed different body types and wingspans are in, KD will look like KD.
No, I was just talking about the animation synthesis stuff. Does the body change too much where their shots don't look like their shots? That's all I was wondering. I'll take it, mind you. Just wondering. I don't want anything to kill immersion.

Quote:
And yes I agree, it all sounds amazing, which is why i'm F'n excited haha. Of course there will be some worry about how these new modes will perform, and how the new engine will work, but for right now, i'm excited as iv'e ever been for a video game.
I'm dead serious when I say - people SHOULD expect first year warts! But if you do a "3 year plan", it's better to do it like this, right?
Old 10-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #414
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Madden's CCM was way too restrictive the first year out (don't know what it's like this year).

So what happens to the NBA Draft after the first season in MyGM? Madden CCM had built-in storylines.

Are we not going to be able to use custom draft classes anymore?
I pray we can still use custom draft classes....the ones who create them are geniuses.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #415
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I'm sure the Live team doesn't see it that way. And I would be that VC would rather have NBA AND that NFL game.
Well of course. And I guess VC could have scaled up their staffing and budget for both games. But the upside is 2K hit the next-gen ground sprinting.

See EA? See what you could have done if you spent your time on one thing and didn't start over and over for 4 years due to a knee jerk reaction to a loss in sales?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
No, I was just talking about the animation synthesis stuff. Does the body change too much where their shots don't look like their shots? That's all I was wondering. I'll take it, mind you. Just wondering. I don't want anything to kill immersion.

I'm dead serious when I say - people SHOULD expect first year warts! But if you do a "3 year plan", it's better to do it like this, right?
Now THIS is a 3-year plan (or maybe a 2 year plan). Just shut up about it, keep your vision, work it to the end, and then reveal it.

"Oh, by the way, this is what we've been doing the last couple years."

Not:

"Uh, will you buy our game please? I know it sucks but if you buy it, it might be okay in 3."

Last edited by Sundown; 10-23-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #416
Rookie

I'm pumped saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »