Home

NBA 2K14: My GM Interview, Hands-On Impressions, More! (Next-Gen)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: My GM Interview, Hands-On Impressions, More! (Next-Gen) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #89
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K14—My GM News, Exclusive Interview with Senior Producer Erick Boenisch

It definitely is interesting, so I am intrigued. Can you be a current gm or do I have to create one to run the team? I have no idea what My Player is, so apologies if it is like that. If so, I guess I understand the premise of having to create someone.

Props to the interviewer for rep'ing the Bears.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K14—My GM News, Exclusive Interview with Senior Producer Erick Boenisch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Just some FYI:
I was worried about this mygm mode but this interview and post by simballer made that worry go away

All i needed to hear was that team building is the centre of it all, i dont understand why people dont like this? It is association mode which more depth and gives more control than ever before. Im honestly pumped for this, CG association mode is stale to me as you never really get a sense of difference between key moments of the season, very little in the POs and then you win a ship. This mode from we've told so far gives that feeling throughout the season that your decisions affect your season. Thats why i love my player tweets after games, little things like that add to the experience, and i think im really gonna play this mode a lot, and thats why i liked nba.com headlines when it was first introduced (but now has gotten stale)

Obviously it sucks for people who loves multi team control, but i can understand why they couldnt implement that with this new setup for association
Old 10-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #91
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csquared
I'm guessing this is the mode that would "blow our minds". Well played 2k. Well played...I don't see how each one of you sim heads aren't overly hyped! I am!
I think thats the Play Ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #92
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I think thats the Play Ground.
Awh okay. Either way, I'm liking both of the ideas

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Old 10-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #93
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Is the potential system fixed? Do all teams finally have their correct staff listed, and can you promote Assistant coaches to Head coach? Has Total Sim Control been expanded? Does the salary cap still go up randomly by two each year? Has the rotation logic been fixed? Has the draft logic been fixed? Has the trade logic been fixed? Has the free agent logic been fixed? Has the team building logic been fixed? Does the sim engine now have a wider range of results? Are generic draft classes not the mess anymore that they have been for years?

These are the questions many Association players wanted answers to finally, before throwing in RPG elements.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #94
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

So is your MyPlayer and MyGM the same character or do we create a GM and a MyPlayer? Because I not sure how realistic a 20 year old GM with braids and tattoos is going to look.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #95
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
So is your MyPlayer and MyGM the same character or do we create a GM and a MyPlayer? Because I not sure how realistic a 20 year old GM with braids and tattoos is going to look.
1 for both is how I understand it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #96
Banned

Re: NBA 2K14: My GM Interview, Hands-On Impressions, More! (Next-Gen)

Getting more and more hyped for this mode. Having conversations for every thing you do sounds CRAZY, like meeting with the people you're trying to sign or talking to your players when allocating minutes. Can't wait to find out what they did with the offseason.

Last edited by royounggoku; 10-24-2013 at 06:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »