Home

Can any one make the fade away while backing down?

This is a discussion on Can any one make the fade away while backing down? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #17
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Can any one make the fade away while backing down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino
If you backdown, then tap X to start up and under move, then pull back while pressing X again, you'll shoot your fade away and most likely it won't be blocked.
This is working well for me.

thanks for the tip.

Looks very realistic also.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:13 PM   #18
MVP

Taur3asi3's Arena

OVR: 17

I always get blocked also its very aggrivating
Old 10-05-2004, 03:21 PM   #19
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
This is working well for me.

thanks for the tip.

Looks very realistic also.

I noticed this within my first three games of playing 2K5. While yes, this technique works in helping getting the shot off if i have Iverson guarding Allan Houston in the post why should i need to pump fake before i shoot the fadeaway? A.I. would never in his life block this shot in a real game. This is definitely a semi-bug, but i've just gotten used to it now and don't even try the move at all.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:25 PM   #20
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE
No, I can hit fadeaway's, just not that particular MJ fadeaway. it's an automatic thing so it's not like you can control the player when he's doing it.
Its really not the MJ fadeaway...he always fakes right and fades left, this is straight up to the right and should always be blocked. It does seem like a waste though to dedicate a whole animation just for the sake of getting blocked. You can do the mj fadeaway, the thing is you dont start out of a backdown, it does it when you catch the ball facing away from the basket and then shoot + away from the basket on the left stick.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:14 PM   #21
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Its really not the MJ fadeaway...he always fakes right and fades left, this is straight up to the right and should always be blocked. It does seem like a waste though to dedicate a whole animation just for the sake of getting blocked. You can do the mj fadeaway, the thing is you dont start out of a backdown, it does it when you catch the ball facing away from the basket and then shoot + away from the basket on the left stick.
I'm not sure we're talking about the same one. This particular one is distinguishable from the others. I have yet to see one shot get off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2004, 07:54 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSsTOwN
i keep getting it blocked. once I even put all the block sliders down all the way and it still gets blocked. does happen to any of you
Same thing here, and I'm pretty disappointed.

As has been mentioned, if your player does the slow animation and rolls left, it will be blocked. If he rolls right, the shot will get off. I can't seem to consistently control to which side the player rolls either.

As Dino said, the best way to do a post-up fade away with even a chance of hitting rim would be to start an up-and-under to the left or right, then pull away for the fade. Looks pretty good and actually has a chance to go in.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:11 PM   #23
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Or when your guy is cutting, and you hit him, instead of moving the thumbstick, jus tap the shoot button, he will fake one way, and turn and do a fadeaway the other way. It's sweet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »