Home

Suggestions/Feedback

This is a discussion on Suggestions/Feedback within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Suggestions/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchen
I'm not a big fan of the season bots if all evidence we have pointing them to be present are true. At best if like maybe 1-4 spots are needed to start a season and it is already going long ok, but this seems like we have seasons where we have more bots than players. And bots actually winning seasons seems dubious if not outright bad. In what competition there is in this game I want competition from real players at least.

Second point, if the season matchmaking is really looking at our *entire* collection I think that should be changed. Top 15 would seem appropriate (since that is all that is in a season). Top 20-25 if you want to stretch it. Players should not be penalized for having a collection of things they can't use. Especially many of those are probably single epics. And some people (say 25% according to a really short poll we have) where their primary motivation in the game is collecting, we already have the quite annoying 100 card rule. I do hope you guys in future versions can look I to optimizations so we can keep a lot more cards. I assume it is too late for this version but I hope you do a big refactoring at some point.
If bots is the only way to reduce wait time, I agree with it. Nevertheless, NWGD did post that people waiting beyond 5 hours was a bug.

If deck rating is neglecting in matchmaking, we'd have to take out substitutions. Someone body could start their season with all commons and pay their way to sub in all legendaries from their deck. Extreme example, but you get the point.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

QG Record: 16676-4303
2/8 Season Wins
16 Epics (2 1st Round, 1 3RD Round, 9 Drafted, 2 Finals Wins, & 2 Bought) <---Excluded Supports
1 Legendary Support
5 Legendaries (1 Drafted & 3 Won & 1 Bought)
Old 03-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #138
Rookie

sent feedback to CatDady pertaining epic pros; which have drastically been decreased with the additionally duplicate cards.

After the addition of new cards, the chance of getting an epic pro is extremely difficult. Before this update, it was already hard enough to draft, buy, or win an epic that is the same as what we already own. Now that there are two types of the same cards that we can't combine, it is ridiculously impossible to acquire a card to duplicate.
I desperately want a solution for this. Its gotten to the point where its difficult to even buy your way to an epic pro? That's not right.
You can either change the drop rates, but I dont think this will even help just because the card limit doesnt make this possible. We hold onto our single epics in hope to obtain another. Especially since its hard to draft an epic, we hold onto to it because it's dear to us. However, our card capacity can't hold all these cards, and when we do, it hurts our season matchmaking because of our deck rating.

You can change season rewards, but it'd have to be a major improvement because it's something we desired long before this update.

Sorry for the 'essay' lol, but I really had to voice my feedback.

2/8 Season Wins
16 Epics (2 1st Round, 1 3RD Round, 9 Drafted, 2 Finals Wins, & 2 Bought) <---Excluded Supports
1 Legendary Support
Old 03-06-2014, 11:45 PM   #139
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreycj
If bots is the only way to reduce wait time, I agree with it. Nevertheless, NWGD did post that people waiting beyond 5 hours was a bug.

If deck rating is neglecting in matchmaking, we'd have to take out substitutions. Someone body could start their season with all commons and pay their way to sub in all legendaries from their deck. Extreme example, but you get the point.

I don't agree with the first part. I want competition...with people. If the only way for matchmaking is to have half or more seasons of bots I don't really support that. I already said in my post if they need like 1-4 bots that seems ok, but they should be strictly filler and have no shot of winning. It SHOULD take more time like 5+ hours or 7 or whatever IF that is what it takes to get good matches with human players. But I don't really want to play artificial decks/bots. This whole thing about needing to start in 1-2 hours is the reason we have bad matchmaking and the reason they are substituting bots. In any game that has real matchmaking, people in higher/stronger decks should be expecting to take a long time to find good or even decent matches. That's just how it works.

For the second part I feel like you didn't read my post at all. I specifically said it should count the TOP 15 or 20 if they prefer. Not your submitted 15/20. But your top. This gets around the commons thing (since you are matched based on the cards you would be subbing in, your best/top 15 cards). What I am saying is having 20 epics sitting around that are not in your top 15/20 cards shouldn't affect your deck rating BECAUSE they would never be used in your deck as it stood.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:30 AM   #140
Rookie

Quote:
I don't agree with the first part. I want competition...with people. If the only way for matchmaking is to have half or more seasons of bots I don't really support that. I already said in my post if they need like 1-4 bots that seems ok, but they should be strictly filler and have no shot of winning. It SHOULD take more time like 5+ hours or 7 or whatever IF that is what it takes to get good matches with human players. But I don't really want to play artificial decks/bots. This whole thing about needing to start in 1-2 hours is the reason we have bad matchmaking and the reason they are substituting bots. In any game that has real matchmaking, people in higher/stronger decks should be expecting to take a long time to find good or even decent matches. That's just how it works.

For the second part I feel like you didn't read my post at all. I specifically said it should count the TOP 15 or 20 if they prefer. Not your submitted 15/20. But your top. This gets around the commons thing (since you are matched based on the cards you would be subbing in, your best/top 15 cards). What I am saying is having 20 epics sitting around that are not in your top 15/20 cards shouldn't affect your deck rating BECAUSE they would never be used in your deck as it stood.
I feel repetitive saying this, but a more direct multiplayer aspect needs to be added players at your level. I bet most of you go on 3+ season winning streaks when most of us can't even win one, let alone 2 in a row. What difference would it make if you win against bots? Your answer is competition, which clearly rivals can't satisfy that need alone. Hence my suggestion for a more direct multiplayer game mode.
You're at the stage where youre stronger than majority of the players, and thats why youre being placed with more bots than you desire. In addition to this, people around your level aren't starting their season around the same time. Even if you did, you may or may not have been placed with them because of the match making's restrictions.
I'm not saying the match making is perfect, because it indeed has flaws, but it helps the majority of us.

Pertaining to part 2: what if during your collecting process, one of your epics that weren't in top 20 become a pro and now its in your top 15/20. Now he wasnt even taken into consideration in the matchmaking process, and can be subbed in. An epic pro is a game changer.
I'm not disagreeing with your suggestion at all, I just think there are con's with it, as well as pros.

Edit: this is with the assumption that the bots behave like first season and don't refresh almost every game btw

2/8 Season Wins
1 Legendary Support

Last edited by Coreycj; 03-07-2014 at 03:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:42 AM   #141
Rookie

mika69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateThunder23
i also believe that Cat Daddy should make a new pack for a little bit more than an epic pack in the ball park of 25$.

in this pack you would receive a new epic or legendary, but the odds of receiving a legendary would be a little lower since there are less there fore easier to pro.

they could do they same with the team, division, and player packs. it would the collection aspect a little more to it.

the people who want to complete catalogs; it would be easier.
Oh yes
And we could buy players singly for combine or complete the deck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2014, 05:59 AM   #142
Rookie

Xim0's Arena

In season mode games, would be ideal to see a text only play-by-play of the games played. Something like:

Starter match-ups:
PG: Rondo vs Magic Johnson
Battle: Defense + Ball control
Winner: Magic Johnson

SG:....
SF:....
PF:...
C:....

Bench match-ups:
PG:....

Would add a new dimension to the game in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #143
Banned

Quote:
It should never take more than an hour to find a season. If it can't find enough human players close to you then put in bots. IMO matchmaking shouldn't be any different than say CoD because when I play that I play players ranked higher than I do that have unlocked better things. That's just how gaming works. If you can't find the right amount of players after about 30 mins then start tossing in bots.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #144
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Josh
It should never take more than an hour to find a season. If it can't find enough human players close to you then put in bots. IMO matchmaking shouldn't be any different than say CoD because when I play that I play players ranked higher than I do that have unlocked better things. That's just how gaming works. If you can't find the right amount of players after about 30 mins then start tossing in bots.
I don't agree. I don't know any other game where if they don't find people they fill in bots unless you set it to. That's not matchmaking. League of legends the average player even through diamond has something like a 10-30s queue time. The top 200 or top. 50 (challenger) has something like a 30 minute to 1 hour queue time. Something around 100-200x longer on average. And that is a game with like tens of millions of users.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »