Home

NBA 2K15 2nd Patch Available Now For PC Users

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 2nd Patch Available Now For PC Users within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #33
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Patch is up guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
Performance has definitely improved for me since the patch.

These are the specs and setting that I can play fine on now:

Even when switching to cutscenes, the lag seems to be mostly gone.
You can decrease textures and player details to medium and enable special effects. This way the game will be more pretty, you'll gain extra fps and you will not notice that much of a degrade in players quality.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #34
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
There is still a minimal microstutter when broadcast cam zooms out and in but it's hardly noticeable. Vsync is now fixed (it was broken). This game is designed to be played with Vsync on. You can play with Vsync off without noticeable tearing but the "jumpy" framerate causes some jerky movement.
I think there is still room for some extra optimization as it still gives me the feel of some bad coding in places. Don't get me wrong though, it's perfectly playable now.
Some technical advice/request to Leftos:
Imo there should be a "Triple Buffering" option in the videoconfig file. There may be a loss in visual quality but it will make the game run better in low-medium end systems.
I actually had my best success last night with adaptive Vsync on in my control panel and off in game. When I turned it on, the game got kind of herky jerky. I'm going to see what all I can tweak on the nvidia side, and what I can overide in game from there. I just was reading about the pigpen hair possibly being related to supersampling. I'm going to wade into that tonight. I am just so happy we're back into tweaking for best performance now. Not for basic playability.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 10-22-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #35
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I actually had my best success last night with adaptive Vsync on in my control panel and off in game. When I turned it on, the game got kind of herky jerky. I'm going to see what all I can tweak on the nvidia side, and what I can overide in game from there. I just was reading about the pigpen hair possibly being related to supersampling. I'm going to wade into that tonight. I am just so happy we're back into tweaking for best performance now. Not for basic playability.....
I don't have a high-end system, q6600 OC 3.0ghz, AMD 6850, 7gb ram. Right now I'm playing at 60fps on 1080p, Medium textures, medium player details, special effects on, high shader detail and low crowd. Crowd on medium automatically is 4-5 fps loss for me and unfortunately the game is designed to be played at steady 60fps.
I know I can go with high player details and medium crowd at 900p but I don't think I'll have such a big gain in visual quality.
That said, I think it's time to focus on gameplay and mods at last!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #36
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

PC Patch Notes, will update OP now.

2K has just released the NBA 2K15 patch details on Steam. Granted, these notes are regarding the PC patch, but it should give you a general idea of what to expect on the consoles.
  • Made a number of stability fixes to improve the quality of the MyPARK experience, and online as a whole.
  • Controller/Keyboard bindings will now properly function in MyPARK.
  • Addressed an issue where the game would experience frame rate stuttering in certain situations.
  • The correct animation will now be shown in Edit Player when scrolling through the available list of animations.
  • Fixed an issue where the user who invited would sometimes hang at the conclusion of a playoff game in Online Leagues.
  • Fixed an issue where some users were experiencing hangs when attempting to create/join an Online League with a custom roster.
  • Addressed an issue in MyGM/MyLEAGUE where, in certain cases, the game would not allow the user to exceed 13 players during the free agency period of the offseason.
  • The keyboard should now properly detect input game-wide when a controller is also being used simultaneously.
  • Fixed an issue where in-game models would appear green/yellow on certain GPUs.
  • Fixed a rare hang that would occur when changing the in-game language from the Options menu.
  • Corrected an issue where black ‘blobs’ would appear in replay on certain system configurations.
  • Fixed a rare occurrence where Doris Burke would warp off the screen prior to an on-court interview with a player/coach.
  • Users are now able to re-watch 2KTV episodes that have already been watched to completion.
  • Added support for users attempting to play with a GeForce 320M GPU.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #37
Just started!

GreasyNegus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch Available Now For PC Users

Patch fixed some my team issues.

You now get MT for simple stuff like steals and fastbreaks plus a bunch of other simple fixes in the mode.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan

Play with the videosettings file a bit. With your rig you should be able to max everything out at 1080p, you should even be able to put supersampling on 4. There is a text file attached with detailed description. I run everything maxed out at full hd with only supersampling at 1 as my card only has 2GB of Vram.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch Available Now For PC Users

Enabling Supersampling dunks my PC. Posterizes it, even.

No matter, with the fact that I play on a 23'' monitor even excessive AA seems like overkill.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #40
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
PC Patch Notes, will update OP now.

2K has just released the NBA 2K15 patch details on Steam. Granted, these notes are regarding the PC patch, but it should give you a general idea of what to expect on the consoles.
  • Made a number of stability fixes to improve the quality of the MyPARK experience, and online as a whole.
  • Controller/Keyboard bindings will now properly function in MyPARK.
  • Addressed an issue where the game would experience frame rate stuttering in certain situations.
  • The correct animation will now be shown in Edit Player when scrolling through the available list of animations.
  • Fixed an issue where the user who invited would sometimes hang at the conclusion of a playoff game in Online Leagues.
  • Fixed an issue where some users were experiencing hangs when attempting to create/join an Online League with a custom roster.
  • Addressed an issue in MyGM/MyLEAGUE where, in certain cases, the game would not allow the user to exceed 13 players during the free agency period of the offseason.
  • The keyboard should now properly detect input game-wide when a controller is also being used simultaneously.
  • Fixed an issue where in-game models would appear green/yellow on certain GPUs.
  • Fixed a rare hang that would occur when changing the in-game language from the Options menu.
  • Corrected an issue where black ‘blobs’ would appear in replay on certain system configurations.
  • Fixed a rare occurrence where Doris Burke would warp off the screen prior to an on-court interview with a player/coach.
  • Users are now able to re-watch 2KTV episodes that have already been watched to completion.
  • Added support for users attempting to play with a GeForce 320M GPU.
What I liked was that Ronnie said our FIRST patch for NBA2k15. This huge for the PC title. Normally it's "see you next year." Liking this approach a whole bunch!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »