Home

New NBA 2K16 Patch Available Now For PC Users, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on New NBA 2K16 Patch Available Now For PC Users, Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2016, 11:53 PM   #153
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA 2K16 Patch Available Now For PC Users, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
The purpose of patch 6 was to keep the Road to the Finals from devolving into a cheese fest. Since no Road to the Finals for PC no patch 6 for PC. Road to the Finals is NBA 2k's attempt at becoming a legitimate esport. Speed boosting and full court passes became the go to moves of even the best teams and honestly made the game look terrible. I can see why they did it but I just wish they went the extra mile and released it for PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavko99
Now that you said, it makes much more sense why there is no patch for PC. I guess at this point I should just stop believing it will come out this month or ever, come think of that, and start waiting for 2K17.
Good points, but I'm not pacified that easily. Just because we don't have RTTF (I don't really know what that is btw...a game mode we don't get? Off topic but that's annoying) doesn't mean we don't play others online or even locally. And this doesn't have much of a use for offline gameplay vs cpu, but it's still there...

Not to mention there's apparently been adjustments to Curry that I'm not sure we can replicate in any other way without this patch. They finally made him play truer to form and I don't get to experience it because I spent my $60 on a copy for my PC rather than going out and buying a console? That hashtag on my screen kind of felt like an insult further reminding me of this btw...
Old 05-15-2016, 08:43 AM   #154
Pro

Vroman's Arena

The patch changes affect all game modes, I don't see why it shouldn't be released on PC.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:12 AM   #155
QNo
MVP

Last time it took them longer to release a patch in 2k16, it was because they addressed some PC specific issues. Since Vroman here told me that he had a connectivity issue and that support informed him that devs are working on a solution, I'm optimistic that the patch is yet to come. The lack of communication is worrying, but nothing unusual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 02:55 AM   #156
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Good points, but I'm not pacified that easily. Just because we don't have RTTF (I don't really know what that is btw...a game mode we don't get? Off topic but that's annoying) doesn't mean we don't play others online or even locally. And this doesn't have much of a use for offline gameplay vs cpu, but it's still there...
RTTF is a pro-am tournament where the winning team gets $250,000 and a trip to the NBA finals. PC wasn't included in the tournament. I suspect it was because of the rampant cheat engine users but honestly idk.

Quote:
Last time it took them longer to release a patch in 2k16, it was because they addressed some PC specific issues. Since Vroman here told me that he had a connectivity issue and that support informed him that devs are working on a solution, I'm optimistic that the patch is yet to come. The lack of communication is worrying, but nothing unusual.
That's what I hope the issue is.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:49 PM   #157
Rookie

pavko99's Arena

Looks like we are getting the patch nr. 6 after all. Guys at NLSC just dropped some news about the patch in their latest podcast (since I am a newbie here, I am not allowed to post links here, sorry).

When I heard it, I went to check the Steam Database and there really have been made changes in depots two days ago. More specifically, the changes have been made to the "branches" which are normally used for testing new patches/content.

I am guessing the patch will drop either next week or the week after.

Edit: Couple of minutes after writing this I realized that it was this forumīs very own joosegoose who found out this new piece of info about the patch nr. 6. Credit goes to you, mate, although you couldīve posted it here too.
Edit #2: LD2K officially confirmed that it is in fact the long awaited patch: https://twitter.com/LD2K/status/733352141817970688

Last edited by pavko99; 05-19-2016 at 03:28 PM. Reason: New update
Old 05-19-2016, 02:17 PM   #158
Pro

Vroman's Arena

150mb update dropped on steam. Tried to speedboost with liliard and j.wall to make sure, but really cant tell for sure since I hardly ever used that move.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:26 PM   #159
Rookie

pavko99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
150mb update dropped on steam. Tried to speedboost with liliard and j.wall to make sure, but really cant tell for sure since I hardly ever used that move.
It really is the patch nr. 6: https://twitter.com/LD2K/status/733352141817970688.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #160
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavko99
Nice great to hear. Sorry I doubted 2K

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »