Home

***The Tomba Formula***NBA Live 09 Slider Settings

This is a discussion on ***The Tomba Formula***NBA Live 09 Slider Settings within the NBA Live Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #33
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: ***The Tomba Formula***NBA Live 09 Slider Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
true. But in general the contrast in the game is to vivid. If you look at a game like MLb 08 where the contrast and lighting are very true to life(albeit being outside) the overall look is more matt or flat. meaning the players can absorb the light more naturally. allowing this in NBA Live 09 makes everything look more realistic and therefore even better with some of the animations that are lacking or completely not there.

the example i mean is when you have a white jersey. If the white is too bright you get slowdown...try out two teams with darker jerseys and you will see exactly what i mean. it makes everything look more fluid because of it because you take out the large contrast of a bright color. so in fact if you lower the contrast which is almost the same as this you can slightly eliminate the way the game handles such contrast. and remember back in 08 they ahd to do this(thats why they added the feature) to make the framerate steady.
not at all man, I tried your contrast settngs tonight and they are no,no for my TV.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 10-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #34
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
I'm very happy with these sliders Tomba... i put the foul sliders up just a little to get 1-2 extra calls a game without causing the flow of the game to be hindered. Love the camera and brightness too.

Now if we could only get teams to run a few more fast breaks

Ohh the fast break thing IS fixable but i would have to go into editing the roster and looking into the player attributes and actually hindering the integrity of the DNA rosters.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #35
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
not at all man, I tried your contrast settngs tonight and they are no,no for my TV.

Why? I'm seriousI'd like to know what kind of setting you are using. I tried this out on like 4 diff sets. Two Samsungs LCD at 720p, an LG and a standard widescreen tube hdtv.

Are your contrast settings lower? For the reason stated above it works wonders my friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 11:40 PM   #36
yellow

23's Arena

just seems really bright and washes out the color a little

Im not sure if thats what you were aiming for

Its probably gonna take a minute to get used to it from the dark rich color you're used to watching tv with
Old 10-14-2008, 11:45 PM   #37
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
just seems really bright and washes out the color a little

Im not sure if thats what you were aiming for

Its probably gonna take a minute to get used to it from the dark rich color you're used to watching tv with

Ohh no what i meant was(and i'm just trying to understand not hound or debate you know that) it's just that to me INSIDE this game there is a contrast issue that hurts the gameplay smoothness thats attributed to too much darkness or "richness" like you put it.

As far washing out the color I could only imagine that you're playing with less sharpness controls or on a lower res than 720p OR you're playing with 1080p and THAT is the reason why on NBA live it might seem washed out to you. You see 1080p seems to be good BUT it does wash up some of the detail when playing in a more native 720p. where's BehindShadows when i need him LOL
Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 PM   #38
yellow

23's Arena

nah i have mine on 720 p and my settings were close to yours actually.

I think I had brightness one click back so it was darker to me, but they arent washed out... i just meant they probably appear that way to FF because normally you dont watch tv with these kinds of settings
Old 10-15-2008, 08:57 AM   #39
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Why? I'm seriousI'd like to know what kind of setting you are using. I tried this out on like 4 diff sets. Two Samsungs LCD at 720p, an LG and a standard widescreen tube hdtv.

Are your contrast settings lower? For the reason stated above it works wonders my friend.
when I use these settings, It looks like the areas are filled with smoke and instead of playing basketball I should be evacuating.

I told ya Tomba, every set is different, I leave hose settings a lone and the game looks just fine.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 10-15-2008, 09:18 AM   #40
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
when I use these settings, It looks like the areas are filled with smoke and instead of playing basketball I should be evacuating.

I told ya Tomba, every set is different, I leave hose settings a lone and the game looks just fine.

You must have your overall brightness on you tv set very high then.

Because I agree with you about the smoke. But NOT in NBA Live 09 but in Fifa 09 where their brightness control actually makes the game more washed out.

What i mean is i use the same tv settings for NBA Live 09 and fifa and since they both have the brightness control you would think that they would act the same? but they don't. On NBA live 09 the brightness is a different animal altogtehr and on Fifa 09 it's different as well. i agree with the smoke look but it happens in Fifa 09 with the same tv settings i use for nba live 09.

Last edited by Tomba; 10-15-2008 at 09:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders »