Home

***TOMBA LIVE 10 Sliders***

This is a discussion on ***TOMBA LIVE 10 Sliders*** within the NBA Live Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #33
Rookie

Zeekesimo's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: ***TOMBA LIVE 10 Sliders***

You guys have to realize the game just came out a few days ago. Nobody is going to have a good set yet, so just give him some time tweak them or tweak them yourselves. These are a great base set... Too many 3's not falling? Up it a few clicks! Too many collision shots falling... drop the slider.

If you don't feel like doing any of that, just sit tight!
Old 10-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #34
Rookie

Nines's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm predominantly concerned with the lack of foul calls on drives... you can get bodied hard and the refs don't bat an eyelid. That is the ONLY thing bugging me about this game so far.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #35
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nines
I'm predominantly concerned with the lack of foul calls on drives... you can get bodied hard and the refs don't bat an eyelid. That is the ONLY thing bugging me about this game so far.
haven't done/figured out fouls yet but i will
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Tomba why r u doing these dudes like that man.......

If yoiur going to create the sliders for them atleast put in some time man and observe the sliders one by one.

Most of these cats want to play sim ball not pickup basketball for casual fans. You can't keep using the same sliders for 3 years because the game play mechanics have changed man.

Help these cats out the right way Tomba and don't give them something out of the azz bro.

Peace!

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #37
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Tomba why r u doing these dudes like that man.......

If yoiur going to create the sliders for them atleast put in some time man and observe the sliders one by one.

Most of these cats want to play sim ball not pickup basketball for casual fans. You can't keep using the same sliders for 3 years because the game play mechanics have changed man.

Help these cats out the right way Tomba and don't give them something out of the azz bro.

Peace!
WOW! Tomba's work speaks for itself. While you were banned from OS for having multiple user names (some people don't forget), Tomba was here putting in work! By the way Playmaker, welcome back. LOL!
Old 10-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
WOW! Tomba's work speaks for itself. While you were banned from OS for having multiple user names (some people don't forget), Tomba was here putting in work! By the way Playmaker, welcome back. LOL!
Ha-ha

I won't get into sliders and ratings stuff but tomba knows where his ideas come from even if they are modified slightly.

My concerns is basically with this years game. The mechanics have changed so you can't keep recycling the same sliders every year unless the CPU plays the same way it did for 3 straight years.

I personally don't think this CPU opponent is the same opponent from Live 07, 08 or 09. I personally have had my issues with the AI in Live 10 but I don't the same sliders for 3 straight years is ther best direction to go. But then again maybe it is because at one time ratings used to not change in the game.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #39
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Yikes this base set is horrible. The contact shot % is too high at 100. Pretty much any drive to the hoop ends with a score.

FG% overall was too high Golden State shot something like 58% and I shot 64% with the Knicks. Stephen Curry alone shot 78%. Everything seemed to go in. Final score was 130-119 on 12 min qtrs. I've been playing on 12 min qtrs for the past two days and never even came close to a final total like that.

I'm gonna reset the sliders and wait until you have a really good set ready. Cause it seems like you just sorta threw these out.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Yikes this base set is horrible. The contact shot % is too high at 100. Pretty much any drive to the hoop ends with a score.

FG% overall was too high Golden State shot something like 58% and I shot 64% with the Knicks. Stephen Curry alone shot 78%. Everything seemed to go in. Final score was 130-119 on 12 min qtrs. I've been playing on 12 min qtrs for the past two days and never even came close to a final total like that.

I'm gonna reset the sliders and wait until you have a really good set ready. Cause it seems like you just sorta threw these out.
He'll figure it out soon.

I just think the base settings won't work because the sliders are different this year in terms of how much they effect gameplay.

That old formula was great for building sliders or using it over the past 3 years but EA linked a lot of the sliders into the ratings now and you have to modify them differently now as opposed to percentages the old way.

What i mean is that 1-5 clicks now makes just as much a difference as say 10-20 clicks on the shooting sliders as opposed to years past because they linked it to (fg%) to the ratings now via DNA.

The other sliders outside of the shooting sliders still operate individually on their own and they seem to still function based on percentages as opposed to actual ratings. But from what I seeing those sliders with the acception of maybe 3-4 can actually stay at default 50 and still provide a very SIM like result.

And i wasn't trying to be rude or anything towards the base settings so if it came off that way to some i do apologize to you and Tomba.

But remember the sliders this year aren't the sliders we are all accustomed to in the past few years. They are mostly the same in name only but they function much different now. I'm being honest in years past I could play this game on release day and give you sliders very playable in 1 hour. But EA remodified them now to fit a SIM style of play right out the box. So we have to adjust them making sure not to hinder the game play overall. Just modify it slightly while trying to stay within the parameters of the default gameplay.

I would only reccomend drastic changes on the lower level like Pro but that is because you have to do that in order to get the CPU to compete on that level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders »