Home

Pared's NBA Live 2005 Gameplay Sliders v. 0.5

This is a discussion on Pared's NBA Live 2005 Gameplay Sliders v. 0.5 within the NBA Live Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-30-2004, 02:55 AM   #737
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Pared's NBA Live 2005 Gameplay Sliders v. 0.5

The only problem with switching to Superstar, which I have tried numerous times, is that there are certain aspects of All Star that I am too used to to alter my style. For example, on occasion I like to control a player who isn't guarding the man with the ball, and on Superstar if the CPU goes to shoot, the defender won't jump to contest the shot. And for realistic free throw percentages, I am terrible on the Superstar settings, and lowering the slider to make me shoot better from the line will make the CPU rarely miss. And while the blocking is much better on Superstar without altering ratings and such, right now I've gotten in to where both teams average 4 to 5 blocks a game. I messed around with the jump and block ratings of each player, and have managed to get it to where the blocking is realistic and logically distributed.
What I did was make every PG, SG, and SF have jump ratings of 15 and block ratings of 5. For the PF and C positions, the subtracted 15 from their default block and jump ratings. It takes time, but so far I've been pleased with the results. In my latest game, Denver Vs. Sacramento, Denver (me) finished with 6 blocks, with Camby getting 2, K-Mart getting 1, Carmelo getting 1, and Nene getting 2. For Sacramento, they finished with 4, with Webber getting 1, Ostertag getting 1, Christie getting 1, and even Bibby snuck 1 in while K-Mart was being pressured by Webber, and put up an off-balance layup. So take it for what it is, but I'm liking this so far as this has improved the only truly noticeable issue in the game for me. I'll keep trying new teams and see if the trend continues....
Old 10-30-2004, 02:10 PM   #738
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuice00
The only problem with switching to Superstar, which I have tried numerous times, is that there are certain aspects of All Star that I am too used to to alter my style. For example, on occasion I like to control a player who isn't guarding the man with the ball, and on Superstar if the CPU goes to shoot, the defender won't jump to contest the shot. And for realistic free throw percentages, I am terrible on the Superstar settings, and lowering the slider to make me shoot better from the line will make the CPU rarely miss. And while the blocking is much better on Superstar without altering ratings and such, right now I've gotten in to where both teams average 4 to 5 blocks a game. I messed around with the jump and block ratings of each player, and have managed to get it to where the blocking is realistic and logically distributed.
What I did was make every PG, SG, and SF have jump ratings of 15 and block ratings of 5. For the PF and C positions, the subtracted 15 from their default block and jump ratings. It takes time, but so far I've been pleased with the results. In my latest game, Denver Vs. Sacramento, Denver (me) finished with 6 blocks, with Camby getting 2, K-Mart getting 1, Carmelo getting 1, and Nene getting 2. For Sacramento, they finished with 4, with Webber getting 1, Ostertag getting 1, Christie getting 1, and even Bibby snuck 1 in while K-Mart was being pressured by Webber, and put up an off-balance layup. So take it for what it is, but I'm liking this so far as this has improved the only truly noticeable issue in the game for me. I'll keep trying new teams and see if the trend continues....
What camera angle are you using?
Old 10-30-2004, 02:28 PM   #739
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
What camera angle are you using?
Press Box, 4 notches to the right. I've tried Center, the Baselines, and they just don't provide a good court overview. With the Baselines, it's too far out to focus on the post game, and the Center view is frustrating bc it's hard to tell if someone cuts or gets open. On Press Box, spacing isn't a problem for me bc my edits have cancelled out any superhuman blocks by Kobe and T-Mac.

Last edited by TheJuice00; 10-30-2004 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:38 PM   #740
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Interesting. I think the default Baseline Low captures how you see basketball the best when actually playing (in real life I mean). I've tried press box and it's good if you want that 'I'm watching a game' look. But, the most effective playing cameras, IMO, are the baseline cams.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:19 PM   #741
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Game 5 w/ v1.2 "FINAL"
Chicago @ Phoenix

Bulls-73
Suns-83

Code:
                         Bulls          Suns (me)
Points                      73            83
Rebounds                    36            35
Assists                      8            13
Steals                       4             3
Blocks                       1            16
Fouls                       19             8
Turnovers                   10             7
Field Goals              29/80         34/70
Field Goal %              .362          .486
3 Point FG                8/21***        1/8***
3 Point %                 .381          .125
Free Throws                7/9         14/17
Free Throw %              .778          .824
Off.Rebounds                 9             7
Def.Rebounds                27            28
Player of the Game
ME BABY!!!!
Steve Nash
30 pts, 1 stl, 3 ast

Bulls
A.Davis: 17 pts, 11 reb, 2 ast
K.Hinrich: 15 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast
J.Pargo: 14 pts, 1 reb

Suns
S.Nash: 30 pts, 1 stl, 3 ast
S.Marion: 14 pts, 3 reb, 2 ast
A.Stoudemire: 12 pts, 10 reb, 1 ast
-----------------------------------------------------

***-Atleast 6 and maybe all of their 3's came right in my daggum face while my guys were missing wide open from mid and long range. I was 0/3 from beyond the arc with Nash and I'm using User shot control. Those 3 3's were wide open.

I DID GET MY FIRST WIN THOUGH!!!!

I felt that typical EA comeback **** but I remembered reading that you need to turn your pressure up to high in the 4th quarter and that's what I did once they cut my 16 pt lead down to 8.

Whew!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2004, 06:58 PM   #742
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Has anyone figured a way to up the CPU assist per game I noticed that Steve Nash had 3 assist a post back... Not Steve Nash
Old 10-30-2004, 07:14 PM   #743
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

For Pared or Storm...

Have you guys changed the shot sliders in 1.2 And if so what about the dunk or lay-up sliders as well
Old 10-30-2004, 07:40 PM   #744
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
Has anyone figured a way to up the CPU assist per game I noticed that Steve Nash had 3 assist a post back... Not Steve Nash
Not to sound picky but the user was controlling Phoenix for that game, so Nash's output is strictly based on how the user played. But in terms of the CPU, I really have no clue what would need to be adjusted to improve assists. The NBA average for last year was 21.3 assists per game. From the games I've had, I don't remember exact figures off the top of my head, but a few pages back I had a game with the Rockets against the Lakers where the Lakers only came up with 14 assists, while I got 25. I think it's an issue that is always changing, as in one game the CPU may get a high number of assists and the next game a low number.

In terms of altering sliders or ratings, geez...none of the sliders would have an effect on assists, and I would assume the 'pass' rating just determines how likely a player is to complete passes to other players without turning it over or getting it intercepted. If anything else, maybe fool around with the playsets. I know on Dynamic, the PG, who should be the leader in assists for a team, dominates the offense shooting-wise. But this is just speculation, and this issue hasn't really plagued my gaming experience to the extent that I would want to go in and try and fix it. But who knows, maybe if I can finish the blocking issue, I might look into this. But like I said, the 'pass' rating is the only thing that may impact assists or not, and even as an early preconception, I don't think it will do anything of significance.

But that's my two cents, I know I probably wasn't much help, but at least I responded gosh-darnit! Cheers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders »