Home

DNA is $9.99 on PSN (For used/rented copies)

This is a discussion on DNA is $9.99 on PSN (For used/rented copies) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2008, 01:04 AM   #89
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: DNA is $19.99 on PSN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
I swear some kats on here hate EA so much, they can do nothing right! Even when they are trying to make money.

It's business enough said.

If this was the competition, you guys wouldn't be so hard on them and start a thread like this. Ya'll would give them a pass and be like, they need the money. We should support them to keep them in business, etc.

But honestly, its not what EA is doing. It is your personal hatred for them in the first place. And people seek things like this to hound them about.

Live 09 is looking decent, 2k is looking decent, even NBA 09 is looking to be a fun game.

We have three games this season to enjoy for all their individual reasons. Let's end all the bias crap and finally support each company if we can. If not, support the one you always have.

BB season looks a lot better this year. A 3 way competition.

Videos coming soon of all 3. Peace.
Like aholbert said, they are already covered on this by T-Mobile so the money isn't even an issue. If they want to make extra money then they need to just say that and not try to pretend that this is some extra expense that they aren't being paid for.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-03-2008, 01:14 AM   #90
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

the saddest thing about all of this is, unlike the 5 "free" bonus maps for gears 2, i doubt they advertised that to the mass consumers. Here you can go to the nbalive website and see "made fresh daily" banners and graphics. heck, theres a commerical i remember seeing mention that. now out of nowhere or in little writing someplace, itll cost $20 bucks to nonbuyers? its just really not an act that should be defended in any regard.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:24 AM   #91
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
They aren't charging for anything extra but Epic is including a code in new versions of Gears 2 that gives people extra maps and those maps won't be put up for sale. So you basically have to buy the game new or you won't be able to play on 5 maps.
but is these extra 5 maps Epic's main feature of the game. Is that the big thing of the game? Will they have commercials specifically for those maps i highly doubt it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #92
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
Please don't tell me you're an accountant?

Renting a game = around $5.00

If you like it....you can buy it NEW for around $60.00

365 feature = FREE

Total = $65.00

Where did you get $95.00 from?
My fault i really messed up what i posted lol sorry guys.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:41 AM   #93
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Ding, Ding Ding...now let's protest Epic for all there additions for free.

But people will get it with no complaints.

No offense, B, but I wish you would stop injecting the poor "EA victim" spin on every single one of of your comments. You are as biased for EA as anyone on this board is biased against, so why not make your points and move on? Its hypocritical, and getting REAL old, bro.

This is a moneygrab, and a way to circumvent the retailers. I don't have a problem with that...the retailers have been screwing publishers out of royalties for years. I just wish the public didn't have to foot the bill. If this were simply new vs. used, thats not much to complain about...just pay the extra 5 bucks and get it new, and EA deserves that money anyway. Buying used cuts the publisher out of the profit for that copy which is also unfair. But this affects used, rentals, borrowed, taken over freinds house...or even new machine. if a Ps3 goes belly up, and a person has to replace it...will EA give them the code free for a new machine? What about when retailers like Gamestop sell previously played games as new? This happens quite frequently as we all know. What about when store employees take a copy home to borrow? Those are still sold as new also. Its a shame EA couldn't come up with a better way to strike back at the retailers besides going in OUR already depleted pockets...especially when the feature is being paid for by another company anyway, lol.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 10-03-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:42 AM   #94
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
My fault i really messed up what i posted lol sorry guys.
No worries man. Sorry if I was a bit harsh. I just think that some people are overeacting to this news.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:42 AM   #95
MVP

OVR: 12

My question is...What game modes does the live 365 feature work on? is it offline only? can you use it in franchise?? and what happends if you rent the game and you go online with it and try to play your buddy in another state that got it "new" and has the live 365 rosters but you didnt pay the $20? will you not be able to play your buddy because you didnt pay ea??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 01:45 AM   #96
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
This is a moneygrab, and a way to circumvent the retailers.
It's a SMART, GOOD BUSINESS decision.

Like someone already stated, this will probably open up the flood gates for other video game companies to do the same in the near future. People are just pissed because it's EA. If 2K did the same thing, I somehow doubt the uproar would be as load.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »