Home

NBA Live 09 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 09 Review

I'd love to give NBA 09 a try but my pockets can no longer stand the abuse . I love the TNT presentation in that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 3
yeah I might get 09 but I am not sure I already got 2k9 and it is awesome but Live 09 is pretty cool too
Old 10-12-2008, 12:41 AM   #83
Banned

Knowshon24's Arena

OVR: 6

NBA Live is a good game, I wonder what 2k9 is gonna be like though...as long as i am still planing on getting it
Old 10-12-2008, 01:20 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowshon24
NBA Live is a good game, I wonder what 2k9 is gonna be like though...as long as i am still planing on getting it
I got it Saturday night, played for about four hours.
IMO, both games are wicked fun.
2k9 a tad more methodical, passes and shots look floaty compared to Live.
2k9 non-icon passing 10x more accurate than Live's.
Live's alley oops more fun and realistic this year.

Odd fact: I saw way more realistic player stats with Live games than my 2k9 games so far.

But both games are very nice. I give Live a slight edge in fun factor, 2k an edge in arena atmosphere and player models, 2k an edge in features, Live a big edge in playcall, pick and roll/pop systems.
I love Live's pick and pop system. 2k9 needs it badly.

I am starting to come around on Live's two shot button thing.

Another thing, I really miss Kenny The Jet Smith in 2k. Clark Kellogg sounds boring compared to Kenny The Jet.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #85
Pro

OVR: 10

2K9 does have Pick/Roll & Pick/Pop controls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 8

i have a question how do i dunk it in a fancy way like this \
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1322798
wat controls do i use and also how do i lay it up like this
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1311213
and this
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1140030
Old 10-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #87
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
I have more fun with Live this year. 2K still feels like 2K. Good in many ways, but bad in ways too. I'm sticking with Live this year.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 1
GEEMOSNTER SERIES 1 .......So here it it’s..

In Game Additions

1. Practice inside the game just like FIFA 09 does in there demo while start up and presentation.

2. Use ESPN Live Video as commercials or other game previews during half time. optional turn off. 10 to 20 second time to show something nothing more. LIKE NBA.COM'S TOP TEN PLAYS

3. Use ESPN Ticket in game so l can play and see what’s going on.

3. Change the stadium announcer to a more up beat one like in real life aka the black guy in the Pistons game. AND USE REAL CHANTS

4. Use new camera angels in Replay instead of the ball.

5. Find a way to use sweat spots on the Jerseys.

6. Use NBA Academy online games like 21 or around the world.

7. Show when players need to be substituted with motion capture. Make it real like madden if you don’t get your key dude a blow then he is going to be ankle breaked more often and cause fouls.

8. Include intentional foul button again which will allow really hard ones. And this always allows you to foul someone without the ball instead of fouling Steve Nash who was the ball.

9. Use a shading effect on the backboard when pushing square to create a difficult shot.
10. PUT BACK/ TIP BUTTON – This is easy to make EA TEAM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR *** just take your ALLY BUTTON and use it for PUT BACKS. FOR THE TIPS USE THE SHOOT BUTTON..
11. Real Stadium Songs .

GEEMONSTER SERIES – PART 2
SHOUT OUT TO DA_Czar
Here l go again with the craziness
TURBO SYSTEM that vibrates the control left and right depending on which side your driving. First off ppl have been talking about its easy to go to the basket in Live so l was thinking about adding a function that makes you use your jumper more often. So here how it goes... You push turbo and your guy is running up field but is bumped hard by the defender or being steered into a particular direction.
ONLY WHEN THEY ARE LOCKDOWN BY DEFENDER

1.)He will either stumbles forward or backward losing the ball depends on the defender’s weight. (Reason because ppl in Live use the cross over and the spin too much and the defender moves out of the way for some reason like he doesn’t have weight)

2.)He travels because he loses control holding on to the ball charging forward. (ppl know what l am taking about) charging forward Running Back style and falls forward while holding the ball in your hand. --- this works when you charge in using the cross over with no place or no path to go while holding the turbo. BECAUSE if your running towards the basket you can’t cross over using FULL SPEED in the first place.

3.)Falls flat on his butt to the floor causing him to sit there looking for a team mate to pass too. On the defender side he can still use lockdown on you while your on the floor. Causing finally JUMP BALLs in LIVE. – this is caused by witching directions too fast or using the behind the back with turbo because in real life being guarded.

TURBO MOVES --- while pushing a button holding Turbo

QUICK JUMPERS --- hold turbo and press the circle button this allows you to shoot jumpers more quickly when your in a 0.8 second situation.

POWER BLOCKS --- hold turbo and triangle this allows your player to some times take the ball out of the air or swat it into the crowd.

BULLET PASS/BEHIND THE BACK PASS --- holding turbo and pressing X to make a fast hard pass which has a risk of going through your players hands or for a pretty move to the basket or open shot. Very effective with “pick and roll system”

QUICK CROSS OVERS/ FIRST STEP MOVES – Which you guys already have. But the cross overs turbo move are faster causing A.I cross over situations where the defender even falls on his *** and gets back up.... PUSH TURBO AND THEN CROSS AND LET GO OF TURBO AND IF YOUR GOING TO GO THE OTHER DIRECTION DO THE SAME, BUT BE CAREFUL DOING TOO MUCH CAUSES TRAVELING AND TURNOVERS. Think about dribbling the ball hide your back too fast the ball will go further then needed making you chance it or miss step.

Note: for those who do don’t understand think of a “Standard Car” shifting gears of speed. Animations don’t have to change just get a bit quicker when holding or pushing turbo and using the cross over.

SO IN REALITY TURBO MUST BE USED SMARTLY AND IN PORTIONS.
DEAD SPOTS -- A dead spot is something that is a hit or miss but hear me out its spots on the floor that causes traveling. Do get mad let me explain.... Listen l notice that some people push the dunk/ lay up button way too fare from the basket and there is an animation that cause him to run at the basket and do a lay up or dunk. How about added animations that cause your player to have an extra step causing a travel or miss dunks by hitting the rim with the ball and falling backward on the court”. It makes sense think about it l’ve seen people play live and push the dunk/ lay up button way to far from the basket specially on breakaways when they are getting tailed by a defender.. So adding this allows users to actually have to know their player’s abilities. This probably won’t effected players like Vince Carter but Mr Tim DUNCAN or a TONY ALLEN LOL dunking from close to the Free Throw Line fat chance.

2) VIE MOVES. Just like Jordan’s shoot vs JAZZ “the good old push off”. This move is a sneaky move that creates space its causes the ball handler to make space from the defender pressing turbo quickly twice creating space. HOWEVER.... this move can only be done by players who are in the league for 5 years or more. Players like Sam Cassel would be a master at this. BUT you can also foul. ¼ chance of success.

3.) FLOOR GENERAL MOVE. I played the demo and l realized that sometimes l want my players to move places but they don’t for some reason. KG DIDNT MOVE TO THE BASTKET FOR THE ALLY. How about borrowing from Madden 2004 Vick cover l think it is. Holding in the analog stick and push it forward and the CPU player on your team as the little circle on him move him to a certain position on the floor by flicking it.

4.) TROPHY SYSTEM.—LINKED TO THE PS3/XBOX360...This is something l was thinking about a Bronze/Silver/Golden shoe that everyone gets once they play and win or lose games. Here is the kicker... this shoe can be taken away from you from invite games or from even the NBA Academy when you play a person in one on one. This SYSTEM includes money games that you can agree on through XBOX points or PS3 points. This shoe has your users name on it and can be redeemed by a best out of three 3 game.

5.) OLD SCHOOLTEAMS – This is an option to play some of the recent and past teams have either won championships or teams that are notable to an NBA audience. For example the old Kings when Webber was in his Prime. Old school Sonics, Old school Bulls with Jordan.

GEEMONSTER SERIES – PART 3

EA IPOD – this function allows individuals to up load their own music during NBA Academy and in game in the stadium and could be heard when they are the home team. Its a randomly played. Up to 5 songs.

EA EMOTION – the EA Emotion is linked to the 365 function which indications individual players technical fouls and ejections. This data will be used to power the actual foul system in your game. When you hold down L3 where it shows the ball under your player this will turn purple, but only in potions like a clock. This clock like system will fill as the player doesn’t get touches of the ball or is in foul trouble or low shooting percentage COLD STRIKE. If your player is an all star like Kobe/A.I and his team is shooting under a certain percentage this will affect him or not getting foul calls when being hacked. THIS WILL BE AFFECTED MORE IN SEASON/DYSNATY MODE BECAUSE PLAYER INJURIES OR PLAYING THROUGH COLDS.

EA DEVEMENT TEAM I LIVE IN TORONTO DON”T MAKE ME COME UP THERE.....OFF TO WORK.... SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE ON THE FORUMS THANKS FOR HEARING ME OUT PEACE.....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »