Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 3
this isnt bad.....but i feel everything live is just now introducing 2k been had
i'm still not blown away.
no hate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 12
freshprince3nyc but the difference from live and 2k is live always gave the user more control over the player than 2k did. Even though u said 2k already had this stuff. It just feel better in live than 2k. you can even watch the c zar video to see that live had more control. BTW the producers never said that this stuff that they are showing is new features or anything. They haven't announced one new feature yet. They just showing us what they improved on from last year.
I mean 2k copied the 365 dna, and the my player which is supposed to be be a pro. They already announced their new features while live is only showing an improved game.

Not trying to make this a vs thing so im not going to say anything about 2k no more cause they will close this thread.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #227
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

OVR: 7
Icon14 Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

Playermovements: Exactly what I expect from NBA Live. Fluid, full control with player differentiation. Great

Hustle Plays: Looks amazing!! Very important for the feel of an NBA Game.

Size Ups: Very fluid. If it really stops as soon as you let go of the trigger and be realisticly effective with good players without being abusive it'll be nice.

Rebounds: Well you desperately needed to do something about this and as far as I can judge from the video the improvement is impressive

But what stood out for me the most was seeing the great atmosphere, crowd interaction and sound (except rim sound). Different Stadiums look great.

Only thing, I could sneak a short look on my man Dirk. mmh...way better than 09 but no...not impressed.
Steph maybe you can proove me wrong (pic?. I need Dirk to be Dirk!!
Old 08-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #228
Rookie

Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3shPrinc3Nyc
this isnt bad.....but i feel everything live is just now introducing 2k been had
i'm still not blown away.
no hate
Exactly.

Live is promoting "HUSTLE PLAYS, REBOUNDING, BIG MOVES!".. um.. yeah.. 2k has had those things for the past 3 years?

It's funny because people who played Live exclusively were stating how the game is much better, and yet even the devs of Live came out and said it really wasn't that good of a game in comparison to the competition. I like their candid honesty which tells me they will work hard on bringing a good title this year. Nonetheless, it seems a bit weak to be pushing these things onto their customers as if these are new features, improved - yes, new - no.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #229
Rookie

Re: NBA Live 10 Producer interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bluesman
Yeah it's not player specific, meaning I've seen other players do that in Live 09 numerous times. That's what I was talking about.

You haven't played 09. What are you talking about? What research would you like me to do?
Because you assume that it is a celebration attributed to players in 10. Why would they coincidentally show Marion doing that exact move and that exact celebration? .. I wonder.

Last edited by HeavenlyTouch; 08-08-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #230
Rookie

OVR: 3
navyboy09 i feel what u said but i feel like 2k does a decent job of giving the user control....it can be better and i'm sure they will be working on that soon...i've played the demo of 09 but havent bought live since '05 so I can't really say just how much live has improved over the years. I can say Its really sad on EA's part that it took for Mike Wang to jump ship before they addressed fundamental issues with the game. That fact alone just makes me smh. Its gud to see Live is finally progressing but my heart is still set on 2k10....esp. with Mr. Bryant as the cover boy this year lol
Old 08-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #231

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Sold!

That video just looked insane.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #232
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
Sold!

That video just looked insane.
I wish I didn't have to wait 8 more weeks to get my hands on this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »