Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: Dribble Moves

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: Dribble Moves within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Mike Wangs Blog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
do you know how to size up in real life or have you watched and1 ballers at work?

The more moves you start harassing the defense with the more they get jumpy and greater the chance of faking them out.

Your point is mute.
Okay, so obviously it's a matter of the defender making a mistake. That's not what it sounds like in Live 10. It sounds like no matter what I do as a defender, the Size Up will "charge up" the ballhandler even if I don't gamble, stay in the proper position and move my feet correctly.

Please don't tell me my point is moot.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #50
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Okay, so obviously it's a matter of the defender making a mistake. That's not what it sounds like in Live 10. It sounds like no matter what I do as a defender, the Size Up will "charge up" the ballhandler even if I don't gamble, stay in the proper position and move my feet correctly.

Please don't tell me my point is moot.
"charge up" was a bad word choice.

It's more of a setup move into a go move. If you're worried about the defender being helpless, don't. Look at the other video of Drose ripping Rondo. Plus, as a manual defender you have a few choices --- gap him while he's doing a size up, get up close and gamble for a steal risking him blowing by you, get up close and play solid d by moving your stick in whatever way he moves.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #51
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
did you notice the ball hitting the rim then going into the net? Probably the reason for not having a "swish"

As for Ray vs. Thomas -- If you call that a "forcefield," sure -- we do have plenty of contact at the basket animations though.
Oh, watched it again, you're right about the ball hitting the back rim. Nice blog, hope to see more contact animations soon.

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #52
Rookie

thesniper321's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Yeah, I'll have to admit the force field issue with Ray and Tyrus in that video is annoying. Should've been a collision or something.
Yeah I saw that too, I guess it's still on easy level or they disable collisions right Marcus?
Old 08-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
"charge up" was a bad word choice.

It's more of a setup move into a go move. If you're worried about the defender being helpless, don't. Look at the other video of Drose ripping Rondo. Plus, as a manual defender you have a few choices --- gap him while he's doing a size up, get up close and gamble for a steal risking him blowing by you, get up close and play solid d by moving your stick in whatever way he moves.
It REALLY sounds like it gives you a literal boost in your ability to get past your initial defender, but whatever... I'll wait and see.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #54
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
It REALLY sounds like it gives you a literal boost in your ability to get past your initial defender, but whatever... I'll wait and see.
I know how it SOUNDS. But I'm TELLING you it doesn't.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #55
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA Live 10 Blog: Dribble Moves

Not a big fan of the ball physics. Rose's shot looked extremely flat like a lot of the shots in Live 09. Love the dribble moves though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #56
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Just think about it man... You're sitting there dribbling back and forth, between your legs, whatever.. the defender (especially a human, and ostensibly an AI-controlled player) isn't sure where you're going to go. If they happen to guess right or simply give you a ton of space to stop the drive, they can defend you well... but all the size-up moves make it tough to know which way you're driving.

That's the advantage of using size-up moves as opposed to just standing there stationary and then driving to the hoop, using an RS move, etc. I don't think it's anything more than that. And then to counter the effectiveness, the defender has an easier time ripping the ball the longer the ball-handler sits there playing with it.

I'm really not worried about the mechanic, especially on higher difficulty levels. I'm sure this was on Rookie/Pro again to capture the dribble moves for the video.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »