Home

NBA Live 10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:00 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 34
I'm not in love with what they did to the post game this year, but I'll adjust to it. I thought last year it was more user friendly in that regard.

I'm still having a bear of a time on offense though. I think a lane is there but it is not....so i end up barrelling into traffic

Hell of a fun game to play though.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:04 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Good review. I'm still torn in which game. Seems like the main reason people say Live is because of the big leap from last year and it's fresh. For me though, I haven't owned a bball game in two years, so they both feel fresh to me.

I dunno too much!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 10
Live is the best basketball game ever... in terms of actually feeling like a real game while playing both the computer and other players. There are issues, of course... and I think they stand out more because everything is so perfect.

To me, posting up is not a problem... if you are smart you can do some crazy things... as well as draw some fouls. I was able to post David West vs Dyess in my first new Dynasty game and get him two quick fouls.

The key is to be patient, wait for it to unfold... is the double going to come? Then you can put the ball on the floor... bump him, you can spin either way, fake a fade away... face up. I wouldn't say it's GREAT and I really am waiting for the manual post up because online (maybe because of lag?) I am not able to do it as fluidly in the post... I always end up losing the ball instead of engaging the post up.

As for defense, it's too good. All you have to do is get in front of someone. You don't need to jump or anything. They will miss 85% of the time. Bron and Kobe maybe 60%.

I hate that they gave the big men size up moves... that really screws it up, and they overdid it on the hands inside. If you aren't smart or if you get unlucky the ball will just fly out of your hands (not even triggering an animation.)

You really have to be patient... and let the players move. If you try to do too much you will really get screwed.

It's rewarding to me to get owned by Superstar's logic and defense... and not feel like they are making cheat shots.

I'd rate this game 9 out of 10 for gameplay. 8 out of 10 (currently) for online due to lack of ranked team play, slight lag at times (which really affects free throws!), the lack of fatigue (and the auto subbing in teamplay), and lack of manual post up.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #52
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 10 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlkilla2k
Live did okay this year but dont get carried away........they still have alot missing compared to the competition. The game is more fun just cause its made for a younger crowd but 2k is a grown man game which is more difficult to play so some might complain on that. Other than that both games are great in my book . 2k has the edge this year but live is not far behind.....
apparently you havent played Live this year. this seems to be the only response from 2k 'fanatics'.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree with this review Live 10 is a good b-ball game(never thought I would say that) but the "other game" still takes the trophy this year but this timee it was actually close instead of being a blow out. I think a lot of people here are blinded by the fact that live 10 is such a huge step from last year they think it's the greatest game. There are still a lot of improvements to this game and if you really love Live 10, you have to accept it's flaws instead of denying them and saying "Live 10 is the best! Post game is awesome even though I can't do much! blah blah blah A 9.5!!"
Old 10-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 7
How great would it be if there were actually 2 games of every sport that were both done well enough to spark debates like this. *sigh* Oh well, at least both games are way better than that over-rated, over-hyped clunker MLB, the suc 09(but really, it is still just MLB 95 with a facial). But, I digress. I really liked Live last year, warts and all, as, I think it had the better game of ball. From the demo, I think Live might once again get my dollars. No matter what, though, it is a great year to be a NBA video game fan. And that is a great thing. Now, if they could only make an NBA Street as good as vol. 2.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3
I think is great to see real competition. That can only benefict both sides. Companies tend to get sloppy when they are the absolute king.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 26

Excellent Review!!! One of the best I have seen on this site. I agree with the score whole heartedly (I would have agreed with a 7.5 as well). Live 10 is a very good game, nothing extraordinary or groundbreaking, just a very good basketball game.

To the poster above who said MLB 09 was over-rated. LOL, 99.99 times out of 100, if you are the only one who thinks something (out of a sample of about 1,000), you are wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »