Home

EA Changes the Game, Announces NBA Elite 11 (Press Release)

This is a discussion on EA Changes the Game, Announces NBA Elite 11 (Press Release) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: EA Changes the Game, Announces NBA Elite 11 (Press Release)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Yea, people seem to forget or just hate on what was built in Live 10. Plus, I don't think EA just built the real-time physics engine in just one year. Something like that usually takes much longer unless u have a huge team of, say, 100 people, entirely focused on building the engine, which is NOT the case for EA.

Not to mention, NHL 11 will be using the same engine. This engine was definitely being developed and tested for a long while behind the scenes and now that EA feels it's ready, they are introducing it in both games. Nothing to do with a 1 yr cycle.
From what I hear from NHL 11, the new physics system is part of a 3 year plan to make the game entirely physics based. I assume there is a similar plan for elite. They will likely do some basic stuff this year and build upon it the next two years. Hopefully, they do ball/rim interaction physics, these have been terrible in live and 2k does this really well. I also expect player interaction physics to be in place this year. Expect some epic posterizations!
Old 06-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #34
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Right now there isn't a single gamer that should take these words to the bank. They're fluff and they're meaningless. This is the fifth straight year EA is going to "change the way basketball games are played" and they've come up empty every time. This of course sounds the best out of any innovation yet but we all need to wait and see.

In theory this sounds promising, just like most of Live's past "innovations", but how will it be carried out? With such massive changes in one year you know there are going to be a million bugs in '11. There will be at least one major bug that's going to have to be patched, probably 2-3.

The final product of '11 is probably going to be similar to the past Live's, a few really strong areas, some okay stuff and a lot of areas that need major work. Probably a really enjoyable game for the first month and then its warts show and we grow tired of it. The fact that they're complete scraping their best asset (controls) has me worried.

I'm hoping 2K gives us some damn control back in 2K11 after two years of doo-doo or I might be in trouble with the NBA games this year. I can't believe I'm going to be looking at my fourth straight winter of CH2K8 being my main basketball game.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #35
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I smell more trash coming.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #36
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I smell more trash coming.
I hear the garbage truck backing up: 'beep..beep...beep.' Now I'll have to wait and see if they will take garbage away or just dump it out of the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 06-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #37
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Again man, after Live 06-Live -09, how can people question the scepticism?

The customer is always right and if I want to sell you anything I have to first prove it works. Going off of history it looks bad, but thats just what it is.

Of course its wait and see, that goes without saying, but at the same time Live 10 while not good in sales got its best reviews in years, even better than 2k10 on some sites, but it wasnt going to overtake them in a year, and bam new direction.

That kinda sticks out to people. Im just wondering where all the flak about why are people's antennas up. Its probably what EA wanted anyway
Old 06-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #38
DickDalewood

OVR:

Well... It worked for Triple Play.

We'll see.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #39
Supporter

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
Breh its a name. You all are reading into it a little too much. I mean what did you think Live meant lol. Besides do you read many PRs? Fluffing is the whole point, its gives non-gaming outlets ways to describe a game. The point is the game has pretty much been going up hill for a couple years and while beluba had a big part in that it was still the dev team that had to execute who is still there more or less.
The name "Live" didn't necessarily need to have a meaning per say unlike the undertones of the name "Elite." With a name like "Elite", I'm expecting nothing short of excellence. People can have the opinion of it being nothing more than a name change, but don't fault those who will now hold this title in a different regard, and expect this game to play "Elite." There's always an excuse for this game, and I already foresee the main one that people will use this year. "This is the first year of them using this engine, which will explain blah blah blah (glitch), give them time; this game has so much potential" How long do we have to temper our expectations, and how many built in excuses are we going to give this series (some even before the release of the game)? I don't care if the series has been "going uphill", especially given the pace that they're traveling there, and given their track record of not building upon, and fleshing out previous strengths in the series (DNA system first thing that comes to mind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Moore
“We plan to profoundly evolve the interactive basketball experience in a way that the category has not seen for a decade. In NBA ELITE 11, we’ll introduce a gameplay experience that gives fans the control on the court that they have been begging for in a basketball game for years.”
So if I hold them up to their fluff that their promoting in June come October, I don't want people like you saying that I'm being unfair. The funny thing is, why they are now promoting new revolutionary controls, a lot of people didn't have a problem with other control scheme.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by clivo1050
From what I hear from NHL 11, the new physics system is part of a 3 year plan to make the game entirely physics based. I assume there is a similar plan for elite. They will likely do some basic stuff this year and build upon it the next two years. Hopefully, they do ball/rim interaction physics, these have been terrible in live and 2k does this really well. I also expect player interaction physics to be in place this year. Expect some epic posterizations!
Yea, I want some damn posterizations my, uhh, damn self, this year! Lol. Hopefully, the forcefield deally is a thing of the past. I want to put some nuts in defenders mouths. No homo. Ha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »