Home

NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #177
MVP

OVR: 18
Very nice. Looks like Live will continue to get rented and maybe bought if the controls are good enough.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #178
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

I wonder how the whole nba jam download thing works for a rental? I guess the first person to rent it gets the code, download's nba jam for free then returns the game?
Old 08-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #179
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
I wonder how the whole nba jam download thing works for a rental? I guess the first person to rent it gets the code, download's nba jam for free then returns the game?
I actually did this last year with Live's DNA lol.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #180
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
I would buy NBA Jam for $15. I would not buy Elite even at $40. Halo beta this is not.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #181
MVP

OVR: 16

This makes no sense at all. We all know they will put NBA Jam on PSN/XBL Marketplace 1 month after release for $30. I have no intentions of buying NBA Elite so why should I buy elite just to play NBA Jam? Example: If I am purchasing NBA 2k11 because I prefer the product why should I shell out $60 to EA for there NBA Elite product in which I don't prefer? I swear I don't understand this generation of gaming. Everything is backwards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #182
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
Here is a bandage, your bias is bleeding...

Seriously though, are you serious?

If anything Elite is moving to a more realistic control scheme. I don't enjoy the 2K vs. Elite argument, I used to be a huge 2K fan. The staleness and redundency really turned me off after awhile. I just do not play basketball games at this point. No reason to waste my money. This year looks different, and I'm sorry I do not feel much is going to be different from 2K. I am 100% sure it will be a good game, but the 2K style of basketball has gotten old and I, personally, am ready to try something new.

EDIT- On the Jordan thing, I think of it as more of a novelty. It's a nice little addition, but most of my time at least in that game would be spent in Franchise mode. I don't want MJ from 12 years ago playing in my NBA 2010-11 season. That would just be annoying.

As something to just waste some time on away from the real game... it is pretty cool. It's just not something that would make me go, "Wow, I need to buy this now."
I have been looking for you CS10029!!!

I called this NBA ELite punk move back in August! I think I said something like:

"NBA Elite is trending as an inferior product to its competition this year, and EA knows it. NBA Jam will not cover that up. I ask anyone to challenge this logic."

With all that has happened to Elite since then, can you FINALLY agree with me? That NBA Jam packaged in with Elite was a sign that Elite would be and is garbage at this point in time?

If I am afraid of anything, its that EA will pull up the NBA's skirt and trip to buy an exclusive relationship for the future of basketball games. It only makes sense seeing how Elite can't compete. Sounds very familiar!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »