Home

NBA Elite 11 Videos: 3 Quick Clips

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Videos: 3 Quick Clips within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:55 AM   #209
Banned

OVR: 5
and yet,, it still doesn't have the smooth gameplay as 2k, some of the faces are better though
Old 08-14-2010, 06:45 AM   #210
Rookie

OVR: 11
Yea...ron artest couldn't dunk from the dotted line probably ever in his life,let alone at this stage in his career...
Number 2,there is zero sense of momentum after running blocks off the backboard,kg stopped on a dime right after,gotta make sure he's carried out of bounds with some sort of slowdown,and depending on how far they run from should go into the crowd.
Same with rasheed,if that were shannon brown,(bcuz he's pretty much the only laker who can)rasheed seem to have stopped when he backed into the baseline,he should have slid out of bounds a lot farther.
Lastly,in clip 5.5...on the and one y is kobe falling forward after the contact? He should have been pushed away from the basket not falling forward.hopefully these things are fixed by shipping...or better yet I hope they're already fixed...bcuz I'm buying both games and if this is happening elite is def gonna collect dust,hopefully not tho,they've got some good ideas on tap control wise. Hopefully they've completely revamped dynasty mode instead of stupid stuff like live run,which is basically street mode with one court...they can just release some street courts later in an add-on or something
Old 08-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #211
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Elite 11 Videos: 3 Quick Clips

elite is getting my attention a little this year. 2k11 is a autobuy for me but EAsports may get a rental from me this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #212
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
elite is getting my attention a little this year. 2k11 is a autobuy for me but EAsports may get a rental from me this year.
same here i dnt see how people can buy these games
Old 08-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #213
Banned

OVR: 10
hahaha.. wow those three videos show features that NBA 2k has had since like 2k5?.. welcome to the party EA.. 6 years late.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #214
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Distance, absolutely. That's something that's easy to tune (assuming the ratings are consistent across all players that is).

The animation side is a little more restrictive. I have no idea if his dunk package has been assigned or not. If it has been assigned then it's likely to stay as is.

But the distance he can dunk from is definitely still open for tuning (and could likely continue to be tuned post ship).
so reEanimator, if you can tune the distance. and this thing is based on "REAL LIFE PHYSICS". have you guys made it possible for someone to attempt to try that dunk from anywhere on the floor? because in reality. if someone wanted to ATTEMPT to jump from the FT line, they could make such an attempt. now most nba guys that are good one leg dunkers. wouldn't make the dunk. some would end up short not even hitting the rim. others would get to the rim but be off. now a guy like James Flight White(who i believe is in the D-league now. can actually make that dunk while dribbling first in a game if someone gave him that kind of room. now granted odds are he would miss it during a game more times then he would make it. just put that in the algors and do the math.

I would like real physics to open up the possibility for animations even you guys have not yet seen. because people will ATTEMPT differen things with different players. i've never liked the fact that you cant try to jump from way out. you should be able to attempt that. and it shouldnt' force a leaning jumper either. it should be whatever you choose with the sticks. if you choose to attempt a layup from afar or a dunk, take off like such. now sure the animation should be able to be broken before you get to the rim or just flat out land. its on you. now if you dont let go of that button or stick, then you should land(TRAVEL).

BYnum's dribbling issue. someone said they didn't like it because some centers can dribble around the back. yes thats true, shaq could dribble much better in his young days then a lot of PFs. but he rarely used those dribbles. in addition, if you want it to be about stick skills. how about this. the reason drew will most likely lose that ball in a real game even if no one is close. is because thats not something he does often. in addition he's not very quick, neither are his hands or the rest of his body. in order to do that move you're reaction time has to be on point. in order to successfully do that in a live game with ZERO defense, you have to do it enough to have confidence that you can do that move. otherwise you will lose the ball. now should drew auto lose it the same way everytime? NOPE. he should sometimes almost make it work and it still be some what loose. to the point where a defender can get to it still. basically making it very dangerous.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #215
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderNo9
Gotta say it looks cool but its going to be pretty annoying trying to do moves and then the ball falling loose.
oh well, you're going to have to get use to it. its not like the old lives or 2ks. no centers doing kobe dribble mvoes.period. yes some big guys have handles. but most cant do the moves we've seen in any of our previous bball games.

so get ready. you will realize if you give it to a true back 2 the basket big like bynum. you better have his "BACK 2 the basket" and start making post up moves. thats real hoop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #216
Banned

The first video was very nice, cool demonstration, the way Garnett/Allen whoever picked the ball was very awareness of the situation very real indeed.

Second video here its the problem, the physic contact are accurate but not responsive by this i mean Artest should have never dunk that ball.

Talking more about the video/elite i think they should acknowledge that Artest its bad example for this demonstration (a player like Rudy Gay would have fit better), Artest its not that dunk type player, he will lay-up the ball on a fastbreak, neither he does that kind of celebration (he will just point a finger running back on defense to the player who made the pass to him).

I feel like things like this will make Elite more authentic.

Last edited by XxRocky145xX; 08-25-2010 at 02:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »