Home

NBA Elite 11 Video: Quick Clip #4 and #5

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Video: Quick Clip #4 and #5 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
where do I start with the recent video, I really hope that was not the CPU on defense, the screen is established he sees it and still runs into the guy, second after the screen the point guard runs into the center and the center skates backwards.
I really agree, if this is something they are proud of, then oh dear EA , you havent got it right in 6 years now, and we could even argue that , last year they promised so much and failed to deliver again , its only a matter of time until it turns into a madden failure, i really hope it doesn't 2k needs competition otherwise it will run over nba elite for another season . 2k jordan mode and gameplay looks like it will be hard to beat.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #114
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Elite 11 Video: Quick Clip #4 and #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Murder

If you did your homework you will know that everything they say their engine can do is just like the euphoria engine. Here is the the link for you to catch up(http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-physics.html)
LOL. If I did my homework... OK. Whatever man. Just reread my post. Take it with a grain of salt, dismiss it totally, or heed the warning it poses. That's all I'm saying.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
I don't think everything is running on the RTP only contact situations, becaue the rest looks just liker last year.

rEAnimator
NBA Elite Developer

OVR: 20
Re: NBA Elite 11 Blog: Real Physics
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_2324

Makes alot of since.....You may have a number of animations that may look the same but occur in a diff way due 2 physics and situation....hmmmm sounds good. I like the trade off

I don't want to sounds sensationalist when I say this, but technically speaking we have an infinite number of animations.

Because the animations are blended in parallel, driven by physics and altered by IK, you'll never see the exact same pose twice for animations that work under that system.

Things like off play reactions don't fall into that category, but 90% of the animations you see in gameplay are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 14

gotta love the haters

videos looked great
Old 08-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Yeah man I think they should have just stuck with Live 09 and built off of that, they had a great foundation with that game especially with the foot planting. Could have been close to catching up with 2k by now.
where in the video did he say this was a final build? you guys would be crying "we want to see some game play" if they kept all these WIPs under lock and key. So we get to basically see the making of the title in progress and you bitch and complain about where it's at. And the constant "it looks just like" comments just prove an inability to see the obvious changes, subtle or drastic which just leads one to think you wouldn't be happy with the game period.

I don't what needs to happen for some people to get it, maybe it's really EA's fault for not having a statement at the beginning of each clip explaining the game is NOT complete with all feature added.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
The second video showing collision is stupid because it is unrealistic you purposely put in wrong data to get a desired result, why don't you actually put in there real stats and let us see the results.
I'd have to say you clearly missed the whole point of his demo..... the numbers were exaggerated to a more clear and drastic effect of how the physics work. So basically he was explaining this in the most obvious way for you to see and understand and YOU still missed while calling it stupid. LMAO!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkpimp007
where in the video did he say this was a final build? you guys would be crying "we want to see some game play" if they kept all these WIPs under lock and key. So we get to basically see the making of the title in progress and you bitch and complain about where it's at. And the constant "it looks just like" comments just prove an inability to see the obvious changes, subtle or drastic which just leads one to think you wouldn't be happy with the game period.

I don't what needs to happen for some people to get it, maybe it's really EA's fault for not having a statement at the beginning of each clip explaining the game is NOT complete with all feature added.
what about the big a** sign that say WIP "work in progress" dont see how people miss that lol
Old 08-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #120
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by İroke
Does this means that the same alley-oop animation may look a little bit different every time depending on the pass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Yes, that's correct.
That sounds awesome. Please talk to the developer in charge of the IK tech and see if he can apply that to layups and dunks. For instance, applying it to layups could allow for a player to avoid being blocked by a defender's shot contest by adjusting his arm away from the contest, making canned layups look different each time they play out. On dunks, it could be used to target the rim and make dunks look different every time. I know I have asked it before with the "blend-spaces" tech but this sounds a bit different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »