Home

NBA Live 13 Being Shown to Select Outlets Thursday

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Being Shown to Select Outlets Thursday within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #89
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA Live 13 Being Shown to Select Outlets Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I'm very interested to see what comes about tomorrow. Are the outlets with access going to be honest in what they see or is everybody going to come back claiming the best basketball game they've ever see to get the hype train rolling? Cause I guarantee if they start posting how good the game looks, dudes are going to cling to that immediately and EA will be getting paid by a lot of dudes regardless if the game sucks or not in reality.

Same here but I will be reading/listening to any other outlets other than HipHopGamer...

nahmean..
Old 08-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #90
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
I just dont think OS is the end all be all and the "community" We are a small but vocal portion of the people that buy their products. This place is good in that devs do come here and post but this is more of a forum where people can hide behind their words and say whatever..

So the issues at hand is live 13 is building off elite physics/ant tech while incorporating live 10 control scheme with espn presentation, standard online and limited offline gamemodes. There are some pics out but no gameplay.. Info should be out this month. I dont see what there is to hate on that...
OS has more pull and more of credibility than you realize.

It's far beyond "more of a forum"...
Old 08-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #91
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Weren't they in the old NCAA Basketball forums too until bolting without a word when everybody ran into the freezing bugs and EA pulled the plug on the series?
Yup but again I wouldnt expect someone who hasn't been here long to know... but to make comments like that and not know it what makes it bad.

Shoot OS has had exclusives from Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant here

... Im sure he wont answer who else is doing this on that level because he can't
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 0

Not saying this site doesnt have pull/cred and relationships with devs. Its just not where a majority of its sales comes from and the overall vibe in the EA forums is one of negativity and nit picking. I like the freedom, info and interaction here but like I said they dont owe us anything and the info they have released while small is promising.

Looks like 2k got some rather less then stellar news but you dont see me over there letting them know how less then stellar it is like others do here.

Oh and I would say devs are now posting more through their own outlets while still being interactive via facebook/twitter. Im sure they would like to do it here too but all the nit picking and negativity has made them more hessitant and maybe why they have these councils here now....

Last edited by Wilson24; 08-01-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #93
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Not saying this site doesnt have pull/cred and relationships with devs. Its just not where a majority of its sales comes from and the overall vibe in the EA forums is one of negativity and nit picking. I like the freedom, info and interaction here but like I said they dont owe us anything and the info they have released while small is promising.

Looks like 2k got some rather less then stellar news but you dont see me over there letting them know how less then stellar it is like others do here.

Oh and I would say devs are now posting more through their own outlets while still being interactive via facebook/twitter. Im sure they would like to do it here too but all the nit picking and negativity has made them more hessitant and maybe why they have these councils here now....

Can you guys make one NBA Live statement without throwing 2k into the conversation? Its getting annoying

You can say what you will about affecting sales, but when I posted those first real videos of Elite... it spread from here to everywhere, and EA went into full damage control, only for the demo to come out and show everybody it was for real

Devs will post where their company tells them they can post and where they generate the most traffic for marketing... Facebook or not, this place has its presence but thats not the point

What is EA hiding from.. again the topic of this thread, why hide if you have this stuff nobody has ever seen before?
Old 08-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 0

They are having a viewing this thurs... They had a preview at E3, they released screen shots, they told us the focus of the game. It's two months before release and this showing thurs is a step towards more. Madden didn't release its big info until June so we are just a few weeks off of where they should be. Which they told us they would due to it not being a full cycle.

They arent hiding, it's just that you weren't invited to the viewing thurs...
Old 08-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #95
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
They are having a viewing this thurs... They had a preview at E3, they released screen shots, they told us the focus of the game. It's two months before release and this showing thurs is a step towards more. Madden didn't release its big info until June so we are just a few weeks off of where they should be. Which they told us they would due to it not being a full cycle.

Wait, when did they say the didn't have a full cycle? They didn't use the full two years that they had to make this game, they made it on a standard one year cycle. Try again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #96
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:

I don't care about the veiwing... all games give previews man.. same as it was at E3

Advertising is not doing me a favor, because if nobody knows the game is there they wasted their time and sales will be low

Again what you fail to acknowledge is that they are coming off of a cancelled game, and pretty much have no press at all

If all they did was plan to talk to people who decided to say they look good instead of actually being good, they'd be shallow and wouldnt last anyway

Im not saying they are but you're definitely pointing to that when you make excuses for them

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »