Home

NBA Live 13 Being Shown to Select Outlets Thursday

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Being Shown to Select Outlets Thursday within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 39
They are allowing their paid reviewers to see the game. Sites like IGN will be praising it as great. I know how EA works, I have been dealing with them for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #26
Rookie

mrclutchimself's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 13 Being Shown to Select Outlets Thursday

I would love to see a comeback but things aren't looking so good. Looks like 2ks gonna run the city
Old 07-31-2012, 10:12 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro_PM
I think they are being very cautious about the game after the failure of the NBA Elite. I donīt think it will be a good game, but i do expect a decent one.
I am kool with most of that Pedro_PM, but i am not paying $60.00 for a mediocre game, that took two years to make! SMH "Child, Please!" lol
cheers
Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
I am kool with most of that Pedro_PM, but i am not paying $60.00 for a mediocre game, that took two years to make! SMH "Child, Please!" lol
cheers
According to EA it was made in less than a year....
Old 07-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0

I don't blame EA for not inviting certain outlets, especially considering how certain "sites" does nothing but trash their product on a daily basis for the past 3 years now.

Can't wait for Live 13. Day 1 purchase for me!!!

THANK YOU EA!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
This shows just much how you know. It is not all Roses in the 2k forum.

Besides that, people SHOULD be highly critical/skeptical of Live just based on what they've put out this generation. Which is GARBAGE with the exception of Live 10.

They've brought it on themselves.
People get mad at 2k over their marketing, me included. And I didn't say people should not be critical/ skeptical of EA, but my point was peoples hate for EA blinds them to anything positive the do, controls being one. It's almost trendy to hate EA and back the other game, and that's not limited to here.At one point I was never going to buy another EA basketball again, I got so tired of their crap. But my point is if your EA why show it to people who are just going to look at and point out every little fault while not applauding what you did positive.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajknowsit
People get mad at 2k over their marketing, me included. And I didn't say people should not be critical/ skeptical of EA, but my point was peoples hate for EA blinds them to anything positive the do, controls being one. It's almost trendy to hate EA and back the other game, and that's not limited to here.At one point I was never going to buy another EA basketball again, I got so tired of their crap. But my point is if your EA why show it to people who are just going to look at and point out every little fault while not applauding what you did positive.
I have a great deal of experience with EA as a Senior Moderator, Community Leader, forum member for countless years. EA is good at trying to make fans accepting anything like a cult member. EA is going to use the time excuse. EA is tweaking NBA ELITE and going to go with that game and hope it sells enough to buy them time to get to the Next Generation systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #32
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I guess since it's close to the end of these consoles, both companies are hosing us over with hype.

B.S. community events, hype over announcements that turn into muddy waters, instead of tropical falls. (Epic Fail)

Now you have company who has been out the loops for 2 seasons, that wants to show limited previews to select outlets. WTF is going on in this industry when it comes to basketball titles.

We are two months away from the release dates and absolutely nothing is being shown, previewed, screenshots that are legit or nothing. Just more 4 to 5 second hype whistles.

I'm getting tired of this crap, poorest marketing in years. Both companies should be ashamed and EA even more, because they have the most to prove to keep interest in their series.

After the competitors announcement I'm about to cancel my pre-order.

Can't even reserve Live 13, because they don't even have enough Gauls and respect to even announce an actual release time or create a reserve sku.

SMH!!! So disappointed right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »