Home

NBA Live 13 Gameplay Video - Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Gameplay Video - Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #401
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 13 Gameplay Video - Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
NBA Live 13 Gameplay designer Scott O'Gallagher told me on facebook that that footage is from a old build.
Perhaps you've never worked for a corporation who swears by compliance and strict conduct codes but

Unless you just want to believe this or are gullable, what else is he going to say when his boss' just released a public statement saying its old?

If its so old, tell Scott and his buddies to release us a current video TODAY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #402
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Perhaps you've never worked for a corporation who swears by compliance and strict conduct codes but

Unless you just want to believe this or are gullable, what else is he going to say when his boss' just released a public statement saying its old?

If its so old, tell Scott and his buddies to release us a current video TODAY
I doubt they'll release the video but here I agree with you and everyone else bringing this up. EA has to say its old.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 08-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #403
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

This whole NBA Live thing has been nothing but a complete mess. As a former Live supporter....meaning I defending the series to no end, It took 2K11 to make me realize that there was a better product to play.

I am completely devastated by the footage I saw today. I'm almost in complete denial that this can't be what I've waited two years to see. Then again, I'm in complete denial that 2K13 can't possibly be as good as it looks. Thank you 2K for keeping basketball as authentic as possible.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 08-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #404
All Star

OVR: 32

This stunt reeks of an intentional leak on EA's part to judge how people react.

If people like the video? Great!

If everyone agrees that it sucks? Oh, it was a pre-alpha build! Don't worry!

It's a low-risk way of finding out how people feel before they make a big investment with the game.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #405
Banned

OVR: 12
Don't get why anyone had much expectation for Nba Live to begin with? Maybe it's like like a nostalgia thing, they think it's the year 1995 or something lol? Competition is always good but this game has always been hype n gimmicks over quality gameplay.

But I miss Nba Live because it kept all the cheesers / noobs / arcade / 'shoe color matters more than gameplay' ballers in one place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #406
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ

It's a low-risk way of finding out how people feel before they make a big investment with the game.
I've thought about this with the caveat they want a poor reception to wow people later with an amazing build.

But that was just CMH being hopeful that we would have two solid options.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 08-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #407
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Yeah they could have Z...but they need to come clean period
Old 08-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #408
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ

Low risk? You have got to be kidding me.

No one likes this footage, even if it's from 6 months ago, it's horrible. Why would they want bad publicity, 1 month before the release of the game. NO ONE, really no one wants a bad start. Especially after 2 years of no NBA Live. After 2 years of hard work and a lot of money spent. Do you think the management/CEO's of EA Sports would agree with this kind of strategy? No, of course not.

Get off on the right foot, you can't afford any bad publicity. Of course it sounds good, show something bad, then convince the audience with amazing footage but that's not how the market works or thinks. The bad publicity has its effect on a certain type of audience, maybe people who don't visit game/basketball forums at all. They already made up their mind "Nba Live-ea sports" suck, lets get 2K. They don't want this game.

If EA is that stupid they could and should have killed the project months ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »