Home

NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'll agree on that portion. The key word though, is "you're not just paying for a solid basketball simulation". If it's a solid title, then it's probably going to be worth the $60 in the first place. Judging from everyone else's opinion thus far, they don't think it's a solid basketball simulation. It's not just at OperationSports either. Everywhere you read is basically calling the game a turd. Hopefully it's not.

I want an updated game, but first and foremost, I want a solid game. I can overlook some wonky animations here and there, but I can't overlook a game that gets the fundamentals and foundation of a basketball game wrong. Ball trajectory and physics are one of the keys in a good basketball game period.

Hopefully I can get a little bit of time with the Demo this evening and get a true feeling for the game. If it plays well, and feels good, then I'll support it. But if it doesn't, then the updates do not matter.
The amount of passes I have seen that go in the wrong direction compared to the animation or rebounds that bounce in wrong direction based on how it hit the rim is staggering. If the ball is really physicsed, then it certainly isn't using the laws I'm used.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I can't tell what they've done since Live 10 and I'm being dead honest.

Damn I wanted this to be better than what is being said. As of right now I would give it a 3/10 and that's being generous

Sent from my iPhone
Old 11-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Ok change of heart somewhat. After playing a half I am intrigued by what this game may become after the DNA kicks in.

I'm thinking about getting this. Lol

Sent from my iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #36
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

its kinda crazy how much people are judging this game based solely on how it looks. luckily i can look past that and see a solid game of fundamental basketball.

sure there are plenty of wonky moments and the graphics arent anything special especially for a next gen exclusive. but anyone who was expecting that at this point clearly didnt understand the direction they were going this year anyway. gameplay first then graphics. i like that you actually have to work for an open shot and find your way to the rim instead of just charging the paint. well contested shots have a low percentage of going in and the closeouts are realistic. it actually feels like real basketball which is a great thing.

now dont get me wrong they definitely need to focus on how the game looks for the future. but they have a nice foundation for the gameplay and ai. if they get the graphics and player movement up to the same level then they have a triple a title on their hands.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Ok change of heart somewhat. After playing a half I am intrigued by what this game may become after the DNA kicks in.

I'm thinking about getting this. Lol

Sent from my iPhone
I think the DNA is in, my man. The demo certainly has it, and the official game released today so I'm guessing that has it, too.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #38
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Well I could only tolerate it for so long. It's not horrible, but it's also far from good. Some things are promising, especially certain aspects of the presentation. but not enough to warrant a purchase for me. The flip side to the presentation is Mike and Van Gundy just don't
sound natural and fluid most of the time.

Not a fan of the control scheme, but admittedly did not put enough time in to even come close to mastering them.

End of the day, it's not for me, but to those that do purchase, I hope you find enjoyment because that's all that matters. You don't need justification from others on games you do or don't play.

Last edited by kodiak; 11-19-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #39
Rookie

Played the demo....this game is pure TRASH...WOW What has ea sports been doing for the last 3 yrs? I can't believe it.

I then played NBA 2k14 after, and the deference looked like a ps2 game going vs a ps4 game...smh
Old 11-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #40
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidGotti
Played the demo....this game is pure TRASH...WOW What has ea sports been doing for the last 3 yrs? I can't believe it.

I then played NBA 2k14 after, and the deference looked like a ps2 game going vs a ps4 game...smh
Agreed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »