Home

Should NBA Live Pull a 2K5

This is a discussion on Should NBA Live Pull a 2K5 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Should NBA Live Pull a 2K5

Absolutely, if the game has a 3yr process, then the price of each edition until it reaches that goal should be 1/3 each. Will never pay full price for this game until editing code and options are added and the final edition is released
Old 08-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

This idea generally comes up every year. I think its a good idea. It's already been proven that people won't buy NBA Live at $60 when 2K is next to it. Sales of NBA live are abysmal while 2K is breaking records.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:29 PM   #11
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6

I believe part of the NBA licensing contract is that both games have to be priced the same unless it's a digital only release
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 10:33 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
Absolutely, if the game has a 3yr process, then the price of each edition until it reaches that goal should be 1/3 each. Will never pay full price for this game until editing code and options are added and the final edition is released
i think a $19.99 or $24,99 price tag would help significantly as stated nobody wants to buy the game at $59.99 when 2k is there for that price and cheaper than that at some places like Bestbuy when you pre-order. If it is a 3 year process then don;t rip off the customers by trying to get the full retail from everyone at once for something that is less than half way done as they consider it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
I believe part of the NBA licensing contract is that both games have to be priced the same unless it's a digital only release
I don't believe the NBA has that in its contract. I think they just take a set percentage regardless the price or a bit lower/higher under a certain price point.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:10 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I believe part of the reason the $20 price tag worked so well for 2K5 was due to the NFL game's pretty substantial hype leading up to release. My memory has faded a little about their pre-release but I feel as though they were dropping bombs left and right. The game looked great and hype was building. Then, so as to completely blow up the spot, I feel as though 2K revealed the $20 price tag and released NFL 2K5 early (Wiki says it was July 20. That's very early, no?)

Basically, I think a lot of people were going to buy NFL 2K5 that year regardless, based off of its very apparent quality at the time of release. The price tag just knocked things out of the park. With NHL and NBA already featuring healthy critical appeal, their $20 price tags made for easy purchases as well. 'Twas a great year for sports gamers when accounting for MVP Baseball.

I think a $20 price tag would only be beneficial if EA was very confident in their product and its ability to bring gamers back. Elsewise, a reduced price may just draw gamers in enough to realize their product is not too great, thus pushing them further away in the future.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #14
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

these greedy azz EA sports dudes are still selling that abomination of a game that is nba live 14 at full price.

why the f*** would they lower the price for nba live 15?
Old 08-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #15
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

They should pull a 2K and show us clips/videos of the game like their competition is doing

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #16
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Adam Silver wouldn't let that happen. I doubt NBA Live hasn't already tried yet.

EDIT: Whoops, I thought this became an exclusive licensing topic, my bad.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Last edited by Phreezy P; 08-30-2014 at 02:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »