Home

NBA Live 15 Screenshots - Rondo, Stephenson, CP3, Lawson, Aldridge & D. Howard

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Screenshots - Rondo, Stephenson, CP3, Lawson, Aldridge & D. Howard within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #113
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
If they can ever get the animations to match the amazing player likenesses, I'd actually consider buying this game. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with 2k, but at some point you just want to play something new and different.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #114
Rookie

UNabomb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Screenshots - Rondo, Stephenson, CP3, Lawson, Aldridge & D. Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
If they can ever get the animations to match the amazing player likenesses, I'd actually consider buying this game. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with 2k, but at some point you just want to play something new and different.

and that's the issue right there, in some aspects, the game animates really well, but for the most part, the majority of the animations in every nba live are completely stiff and robotic, the way the players run the court with that hunchback posture is unacceptable, when they are on defense they look like robots while moving from left to right ugh, they don't look natural at all, and the sad part is that ea knows this, they are aware, but they haven't done **** to fix this in years and years, and it pisses me off just a little bit. those animations where good back in the day, but we are not in 2003 anymore ea, you gottta evolve.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #115
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 15 Screenshots - Rondo, Stephenson, CP3, Lawson, Aldridge & D. Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I think for the part we can all agree that Live has never recaptured that magic they had on the PS2 and Xbox versions in terms of player animations.

It's been like 10 years since the game has animated properly which is bad IMO.

I do not have the knowledge of a game programmer but some of the robotic animations we see are consistent every year with this series.

The hunch back movement should have been removed after Live 06 or 07 yet it still remained in the game for every version since....

My biggest complaint though is the CPU controlled players/AI never seeming to react in a manner in which you would expect to see on the court by skilled NBA players...

Often times they look down right comical in Motion and I think that is because of the sub par or lack of animations the game has rendered over the years.

I've always felt as if EA has done a solid job for years in terms of graphics and making the game look amazing in still shots....but once you see the game in motion that's when you start seeing the lack of advancement in player movement on the floor.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »