Home

NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameTrailers)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameTrailers) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-04-2014, 02:18 AM   #65
Rookie

actuallybrown's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Wonder how long it took them to remember the key words to advertise.. locomotion, physics, passing, player movement. Come'on this preview was so controlled by EA, Ill wait for previews by people who does not have EA in the room looking at them play the game.
I'll speak for myself, because I'm the black dude in the video that doesn't even work at GT or have any journalistic agenda:

That's my goddamn vocab you're talking about. Don't try to put me in a box, bro. We sat down before hitting record and just figured out what the main 3 topics were that we were gonna talk about: Motion, Presentation, and Fun Factor. You know why? Because all we had to play was Practice and Quick game. I can't make any promises about anything, really, but especially not any of the other modes that they may or may not have. All I know is that the game felt like a great step in the right direction FOR EA.

I'm not saying they're closing in quickly on 2K. I'm a 2K fanboy for the most part (since about 2K3), but if that was a preview (and not Review) build that was probably a month old, then I think I'd be able to sit down with this and actually have fun. In the next 5 years, if they don't screw up big time, they might be neck-and-neck. Maybe 4 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 02:35 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameTrailers)

The animations still look stiff to me.

The graphics look great in the stills but seeing it in motion... Leaves a bit to be desired.

Kawhi's screenshot > watching him animate in the video.

I'll try this game out via EA Access.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:01 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallybrown
I'll speak for myself, because I'm the black dude in the video that doesn't even work at GT or have any journalistic agenda:

That's my goddamn vocab you're talking about. Don't try to put me in a box, bro. We sat down before hitting record and just figured out what the main 3 topics were that we were gonna talk about: Motion, Presentation, and Fun Factor. You know why? Because all we had to play was Practice and Quick game. I can't make any promises about anything, really, but especially not any of the other modes that they may or may not have. All I know is that the game felt like a great step in the right direction FOR EA.

I'm not saying they're closing in quickly on 2K. I'm a 2K fanboy for the most part (since about 2K3), but if that was a preview (and not Review) build that was probably a month old, then I think I'd be able to sit down with this and actually have fun. In the next 5 years, if they don't screw up big time, they might be neck-and-neck. Maybe 4 years.

Looks like you guys had s good time playing. Can you go into a little more detail about the arena atmosphere? Did it seem improved from 14? How was playing on the broadcast camera?
Old 10-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #68
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

These dudes looked straight to me. They said one very important thing "it's FUN!" That's all I care about. Thanks for justifying my purchase even more! Sounds like Live is back. Cynics, reconsider! I'm getting 2 games this year
Old 10-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #69
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Game Trailers: Video Hands On NBA Live 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Why apologize to me? The game is fun and has a lot of positive things going for it. Try it for yourself when the demo releases. No need to apologize to me, I didn't write it. I also didn't say that it's perfect.

One of the other previews mentioned slow reactions to loose balls as a negative. So there's that. It's not perfect, but it's definitely worth a download of the demo to see for yourself.

I also would think if anything glaring or really bad stood out I'm sure they would have mentioned it.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #70
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallybrown

i respect what you had to say, but a lot of live fans grab on to any positive thing to say about the game to get their hopes way way up , if you truly felt that the game was good and fun and if they continued down that path they will be a force down the road, but what you said in your post should have been said in the video, but thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Great video! This is exactly what I'm looking for in a basketball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #72
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

One thing that I continue to stress is "fun". I want it sim, and I want it responsive, and I want it fun. They're delivering this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »