Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2014, 08:04 PM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Had LeBron hit 3 3's in a row on me to seal a game last night....all heavily contested....felt so cheap to me...

I'll probably never be fond of release points that aren't based off the top of your jump....but it is what it is...I'm starting to get my Spurs shots down...

The logic behind makes and misses is what I'm concerned with...
ratings + if you're open + good release, you'll probably make the shot

late closeout barely make a difference which is great thing
Old 10-31-2014, 08:11 PM   #418
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah the CPU hits too high of a rate of all net jumpers. I would like to see some variety, like some bank shots from distance, some rim bouncers, rim rollers, etc.
I feel like we've been asking this since Live 09, smh. It kills the immersion esp in the course of a 48 min game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
That is correct, you can't go out of bounds anywhere. I noticed this when I was trapping the post and doing full court traps, the CPU would slide around it and I was thinking how is that not out of bounds. You see the CPU do it a lot along the baseline.

I then purposely tried to go out of bounds all over the place, nope, you hit an invisible wall and just glide along it all the way to the rim.
Live used to have a boundary force field slider that controls this, I guess in Live 15 it's permanently set to the maximum value. Why they decided to do this, who knows. You play good defense to force the ball handler tight along the baseline, only for him to do a crazy up and under or reverse layup while never ever going out of bounds and pushing defenders aside along the way.

Last edited by rafaelpaolo84; 10-31-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:13 PM   #419
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
from what skillz was saying it sounds like EA has the Boudary Force field around the entire court.....

I'm not sure who made that decision to keep players from going out of bounds but then again I've been rather upset lately after hearing that the CPU AI don't even throw lobs passes to their big's in this game.

I mean seriously their Highschool PG's who have the tendency to throw lob passes and yet in NBA game this non-existent for the CPU AI....
To be honest I'm not that surprised. I said 2 weeks ago that we would find something whacked in this game. For some reason EA has to do something that just makes you say WTF???

If I had of noticed this I would not have purchased. EA did so many things right with this game but this has left a sour feeling going forward for me. NO OOB IN A BASKETBALL GAME??? Really??

I have the Digital copy and I will play this game but I'm gonna look on Craigslist for a cheap copy of NBA 2K15 for my Season/Dynasty fix.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:24 PM   #420
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I was wondering how my online opponent was tip toeing the baseline like he was....makes sense now
Old 10-31-2014, 08:28 PM   #421
MVP

BL8001's Arena

There is an out of bounds force field for sure but I have gone out of bounds in a few situations.

The types of game mistakes you wish the CPU would make when they had the ball.

But for some reason these things get programmed for the user and not the CPU.

1) going for a rebound My player has spilled the ball and then chased it stepping out of bounds as he grabs it.

2) I was just outside the lane running into the defensive force field of a cpu defender. One of my player was behind me spotted up for a 3. Perfect I thought, but as I passed it back the player turned sideways and appeared primed to dribble around the 3 pt arc. Except he stepped out of bounds while catching the pass.

3) I stole it from the CPU but it went towards the top of the screen, a cpu player up there rammed into my cpu controlled player and knocked him out of bounds, the CPU player tried to pick up the loose ball but he was out of bounds

4) I was coming down the lane and jumped to block the low post shooter but missed, luckily my PF blocked it but he blocked it into my player whose momentum had carried him out of bounds.

I have never seen the CPU go out of bounds or touch it out of bounds.

Last edited by BL8001; 10-31-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 08:29 PM   #422
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

There's an update.

Saw a new end of quarter animation where D Rose drew a foul. Uploading a clip.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:30 PM   #423
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Also this happened an hour ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (433.6 KB, 98 views)
Old 10-31-2014, 08:30 PM   #424
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I was wondering how my online opponent was tip toeing the baseline like he was....makes sense now
I'm sitting hear laughing because I'm in total disbelief. I'm thinking about some of the baseline moves that I've done and the cpu and I/cpu never went OOB. It never dawned on me.

I still love the gameplay because the fun factor can't be denied. Hopefully EA can maybe tweak it so OOB becomes a factor?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »