Home

Sales figures?

This is a discussion on Sales figures? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Sales figures?

These are disastrous for the first week of release...

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/84762/nba-live-15/

They may not even outsell NHL 15 at this rate.

Global First Ten Weeks (Units)

Week EndingWeekWeeklyChangeTotal
01st November 2014110,080N/A10,080

(No 2K references please...every man and his dog know that game sells millions.)

I know it's only the first few days, but an EA Sports title should be selling a lot more in release week.

Just for reference - FIFA 15 sales are currently above 3.5 million.

NBA Live 15 is currently at 10 000. (Ten 'thousand').

For an EA Sports title, that is unheard of. Even LIVE 14 sold at a better rate the first week.

Bad marketing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Sales figures?

Yeah the marketing for this game has been absolutely terrible. I don't think I've seen any advertisement for this game. I could see bad marketing for last years game, but this years game is decent and the marketing (even to the hardcore crowd) like us has been terrible. Not surprised by these numbers. Especially considering the outcry against the other game, and the HUGE opportunity they had to capitalize on that, EA should be ashamed of how poorly they've marketed this game. To be honest, somebody should probably lose their job behind it. Just doesn't make sense
Old 11-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

The game is a lot better than the sales reflect. No way this game will continue to be made if this trend continues
Old 11-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Yeah the marketing for this game has been absolutely terrible. I don't think I've seen any advertisement for this game. I could see bad marketing for last years game, but this years game is decent and the marketing (even to the hardcore crowd) like us has been terrible. Not surprised by these numbers. Especially considering the outcry against the other game, and the HUGE opportunity they had to capitalize on that, EA should be ashamed of how poorly they've marketed this game. To be honest, somebody should probably lose their job behind it. Just doesn't make sense

Absolutely...

For example, that video of how they did the various arena sounds was brilliant. Why on earth wasn't that released three weeks before the game dropped?

Most gamers won't buy two games of the same sport, so they should have been VERY proactive the week 2K came out and capitalized on their online bugs etc. Instead, they released absolutely nothing...not even a video of gameplay (which isn't that bad this year...a five min hype vid would have been very easy to make.)

WTF has done more marketing than the whole LIVE team

Post release, they have barely said a word. Why not tell people when the next gameplay patch will come or art updates are due? Get people excited about events that are coming.

It is a pity as basketball gaming needs competition badly. Hard to see them continuing though with these figures. Honestly, if it sells less than LIVE 14 the series will end. They can deny it etc, but no compnay keeps releasing a game that doesn't sell.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #5
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
The game is a lot better than the sales reflect. No way this game will continue to be made if this trend continues
That's it right there......Live can keep getting better but if keeps pulling in sales like that. It's done.........

In Canada the game IS NOT SOLD at EBGAMES or WALMART. I've never seen that before. Where a store like ebgames or walmart won't stock a game.

They have to put money/time and market the crap out of this game or it won't make it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #6
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I figured that not too many people bought this considering that it usually takes me a little bit to find a game online. Horrible numbers. This doesn't look good for the future at all. If they had just done some sort of advertising for this game it would've made a difference.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:14 AM   #7
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
I have been wondering the same thing. I have NBA League Pass, NBA TV and 90% of my TV time is spend on a sports channel and I haven't seen one single Live commercial. Even during ESPN NBA broadcasts. I would be advertising the hell out of Live 15. The game has some rough spots, but it also shines (brightly) in some areas. At the end of the day man it's a damn good hoops game that EA should be proud of and show off.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #8
Pro

To givepeople context as to how bad the fugures are:

NBA LiVE 15 - ten thousand.

Call Of Duty - almost four million.

First week sales figures in the US for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare are in. The franchise has been one of the top sellers every holiday for many years now, but seen a decline the last couple of years. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare has sold a combined 3,722,031 units at retail in the US.

I know they are completely different genres....but it does show just how low LIVE's figures are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »