Home

So can we admit nba live failed expectations?

This is a discussion on So can we admit nba live failed expectations? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: So can we admit nba live failed expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I really dont get the "sim/"arcade" thing.

Any game can be spammed, if you want to spam it. In the "other" game...you can pull off alley oop lobs that are just absurd, and you can wear out your badge players and prosper..its the nature of video games. I really enjoy playing both.

To make it clear.....By SIM I mean teams play like their real selves / have real play sets and tendencies.

In FIFA Barcelona play EXACTLY like every other team...they just have higher ratings and thus are harder to beat.

Same in LIVE...there are no real play styles, no team playbooks or tendencies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2015, 11:02 PM   #26
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Fail to me. I bought 2k and live and they obviously cater to 2 different audiences . 2k improved their game greatly after release but it seems that live didn't improve much. I hate comparing them but they are the only two basketball games on the market. The lack of customization, individual player tendencies, individual team play books, and other things really lessen the joy I have with NBA Live 15. It was fun for the first month but then it went downhill. It was my first NBA Live game in years that I purchased and I regret I wasted money on it. Hopefully NBA Live 16 steps it up in a major way because they are years behind right now. The game needs to have online leagues a great offline Association., arcade mode for the casuals, and the game difficulty needs to be customizable. I hope they take their time to make life 16 better in every way because if they want that crown back they're going to have to earn it with the big brothers at 2k sports dominating in every way.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 02-15-2015, 12:00 AM   #27
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
To make it clear.....By SIM I mean teams play like their real selves / have real play sets and tendencies.

In FIFA Barcelona play EXACTLY like every other team...they just have higher ratings and thus are harder to beat.

Same in LIVE...there are no real play styles, no team playbooks or tendencies.
I posted this months ago when it was released but the game should be named basketball live 15 as it's such a generic game of basketball.

EA games have been plagued by this issue forever though.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:54 AM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
I posted this months ago when it was released but the game should be named basketball live 15 as it's such a generic game of basketball.

EA games have been plagued by this issue forever though.
Yes...And I, and most others here, have been holding out hope they would add team styles etc...but seeing FIFA. madden etc do not have them...it just will never happen.

EA games are pick up and play whereby Barcelona is rated higher than Aston Villa and thus harder to beat...the Cavs are rated higher than Philly, and thus harder to beat.......but the gamplay experience is simply generic. Teams in all their sports games play the same.

You can play SIM v friends...but for one person v the CPU it just will never happen with EA sports games.

Not everyone wants the game varying each match though like PES 15....it is hard to learn and changing from Liverpool to Juventus to Cardiff means learning the game and individual players all over again. So, I can see why EA go casual.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:01 PM   #29
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Fail to me. I bought 2k and live and they obviously cater to 2 different audiences . 2k improved their game greatly after release but it seems that live didn't improve much. I hate comparing them but they are the only two basketball games on the market. The lack of customization, individual player tendencies, individual team play books, and other things really lessen the joy I have with NBA Live 15. It was fun for the first month but then it went downhill. It was my first NBA Live game in years that I purchased and I regret I wasted money on it. Hopefully NBA Live 16 steps it up in a major way because they are years behind right now. The game needs to have online leagues a great offline Association., arcade mode for the casuals, and the game difficulty needs to be customizable. I hope they take their time to make life 16 better in every way because if they want that crown back they're going to have to earn it with the big brothers at 2k sports dominating in every way.

Live should have been 29.99 at launch. It's good in short bursts. But those glaring omissions and bugs are unacceptable. Mind you 2k didn't fix some glaring issues either. But still is saved by rock solid gameplay and realism. The core gameplay of Live is fun to me also. Just needs some tweaking
Old 02-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #30
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

I don't think it's a disappointment. They made amazing strides in terms of visuals. Personally, I think it looks better than 2k (a lot of the animations in 2k are better, but the visuals alone look better in Live to me). The arena sounds and atmosphere are amazing.

They still have work to do for next year, obviously, but in a single year, I'm very impressed with the progress. I would like to see a lot of work put into the post game for next year, and playbooks could use some work. Commentary can improve every year to make it flow better. But overall, it's further than I expected it to be in just one year.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:22 PM   #31
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Gameplay at launch was balanced but overpowered. Now it's completely unbalanced. Making it unplayable. I sold 2k to get fifa since I have a digital copy of live but even against the computer it's completely broken. You have to spam steal and drive every possession to win. Even the computer does it...

Just waiting on that patch.

Also ...

How hard would it be for them to just release the slider they have been testing on. I'm sure they've made strides... They should be able to release a small in game update to help while we are waiting for a big patch. I'm sure they have sliders they can just tweak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 11:06 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 4

Yeah game went from playable to bad with patches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »