Home

NBA Live 16: Freestyle Control and Player Movement

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16: Freestyle Control and Player Movement within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #33
Rookie

Vic Viper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 16: Freestyle Control and Player Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
unless theres some kind of 2k shot stick control, i dont see how pressing a button can give you that choice. Live really doesnt have advanced controls like the comp

You obviously didn't read the same article I did. There is no button to control signature dribbling. You are using the Right Stick to string signature dribbles which is called one-to-one. It's possible and will be in the game.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #34
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
You obviously didn't read the same article I did. There is no button to control signature dribbling. You are using the Right Stick to string signature dribbles which is called one-to-one. It's possible and will be in the game.
I replied to a post not the article. see below to understand

LIVEKING:

Hopefully in transitioning to attacking the basket it's smoother and you can control which side of the hoop.

when attacking the basket a button is not sufficient enough to choose which side of the rim you want to attempt the shot but this is easily done in other game with shotstick.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:36 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
unless theres some kind of 2k shot stick control, i dont see how pressing a button can give you that choice. Live really doesnt have advanced controls like the comp

I hope to god they don't overly complicate the controls like the comp, but still give us the control we need to pull off certain shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2015, 09:50 AM   #36
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

I really like the controls in 15. Having more control/moves will be a huge plus.

Can't wait to see more footage.

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

PSN - TecmoZack

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 07-18-2015, 11:11 AM   #37
Rookie

Vic Viper's Arena

Quote:
I replied to a post not the article. see below to understand

LIVEKING:

Hopefully in transitioning to attacking the basket it's smoother and you can control which side of the hoop.

when attacking the basket a button is not sufficient enough to choose which side of the rim you want to attempt the shot but this is easily done in other game with shotstick.
I apologize for the misunderstanding on my part thedream2k16. I do believe Live 08 had that feature where when you pressed the shooting/layup button, you could choose which side to finish on with left stick. It's been done before. It wasn't pretty though. lol I would love to see it back in the Live series because I was so frustrated with the blocks in LIVE 15'. I would get my shot blocked on a layup because I couldn't switch hands or go to the other side. Blocks are a lovely thing to see in 15', but comes too often in bunches.

Last edited by Vic Viper; 07-18-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #38
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Sounds good, will have to see if it looks/plays good. I wish there was info about the low post game.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #39
Rookie

Besides the minority that ride or die with NBA Live does anyone really get excited about their articles? Every year it sounds good on paper and is a complete mess. The only thing they can sell the majority of basketball game fans on is gameplay and a good demo.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:27 PM   #40
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

The only thing that concerns me about this is the possibility that controls will be over complicated. As beautiful as 2K15 was, I couldn't get into it because the controls were too intricate for a more casual basketball gamer such as myself to learn. If Live is playable and enjoyable, I will take the deep dive and get into franchise mode and online play. I just never could solidify any prowess with the 2K controls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »