Home

No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #65
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Player Editting in Live 16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Because that's what people mostly play now a days . I'm not making excuses for them but online play is a priority . You got famous you tubers and twitters (tweeters) considering the game because of the pro am. What if they left off pro am and just added editing options. Who the hell would buy the game outside of a few.

Again not excusing this just pointing out some things

The highlighted part of your statement scares the hell out of me, because it is basically saying no one would buy a NBA game just for the NBA part of the game. Looking like my gaming days are numbered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #66
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed

I haven't purchased Live in years, I play the other game, but it takes at least 5 years to have a fully functioning realized game. You have to give this Dev team some time and pray they don't uproot the team at the first sign of trouble cause you might have to go back to the drawing board again. If you're a Live fan, you have to exercise patience.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2015, 12:11 PM   #67
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Told you guys I'm worried about sliders. Things were promised would be in the game n still aren't.
Sliders are definitely in, and work.

You guys have myself, price, and a slew of others who know what a big deal this is, and keep it at the forefront in out discussions.

This year, a ton of resources were spent on the new modes. It doesn't necessarily mean that they didn't listen, but moreso didn't have the time to get in implemented right.

It was mentioned earlier, but outside of OS, Crew and Myplayer type modes are a huge driving force.

Download the free demo, take the gameplay for a spin though. I think guys will be pleased with the gameplay. It's not a "fix" for the desire of editing, but the need to edit as much won't be as big of a deal as it would have been in years past. Same with playbooks. Some of the interviews mentioned the team specific playbooks.

All of the things that they did add, will add up to a really nice game of NBA basketball.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:19 PM   #68
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I know you guys got us WTF....you know I'll be checking in with you about some other things soon too, lol

I personally still plan on getting the game myself, just disappointed....thought this was a no brainer this year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2015, 12:19 PM   #69
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
If you're a Live fan, you have to exercise patience.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Tell this to the shareholders. Live barely sells. How much money can EA keep dumping into this side project called NBA Live, and see little returns. This series is a money sink. Going by VGChartz (not the end all be all):

Combined sells of Live 14 & 15 = 560,000 copies
Combined sells of 2k14 & 2k15 = 11.88 mil

If the same numbers were to apply to this year(from 15) for the 16 series, Live would just be under or close to 1 mil combined, while 2k would be closing close to 20 mil.
Yes we as NBA gaming fans, and specifically Live fans patience has run out, or been overlapped with new 3 yr plans, and apology letters. Wishlist items still haven't made the cut, and they've been on multi yr wishlist threads.. beyond ridiculous.
This year will be a telling year for this series. EA knows they have to get this game in as many hands as possible, so they can get to your wallet with LUT transactions. I doubt will see much advertising for this as a cost saving maneuver, and as always I will def demo and play that for my Live fix if that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 08-14-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:30 PM   #70
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

I don't necessarily believe this had anything to do with lack of time or resources. If it was hard to implement, it wouldn't have been in the game for 15+ years. For some reason, EA wants us to rely on them for roster updates/changes of any kind. It's like they don't want us digging around in their grounds. I'm curious to know the reason.

I'm disappointed. It's not a game breaker, just really limits our experience with the game. If I want to play a game with Kobe and LeBron on the same team, I don't have the ability to do that. As a gamer, those fictional, what-if scenarios are at the heart of the entire experience! Come on EA. This is BOGUS.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:32 PM   #71
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It's not really any different from you discussing issues in the manner that you do in the other forum....did you think the grass was that green over here that issues weren't brought up? This is something the guys that have been playing the previous installments have had to deal with going on 3 years now....it needs to be spoken on.

I think Rafael said it best. Updated rosters in themselves are only half the battle. Even if Synergy picks it up this year and updates on time there are many other aspects tied to it as far as playing the way you want to play. You look at how many uploads there are on games with sharing features....I don't think that it's so much of a niche thing as some think...a lot of guys, even casuals make tweaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, trust me. I know I've been way harder in my opinions of 2k. But that game utterly shat the bed this year. I've never played a more offensive basketball game in my life. It literally makes me want to punch babies.

Mr price actually took time to answer my questions the other day. That meant a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #72
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Tell this to the shareholders. Live barely sells. How much money can EA keep dumping into this side project called NBA Live, and see little returns. This series is a money sink. Going by VGChartz (not the end all be all):

Combined sells of Live 14 & 15 = 560,000 copies
Combined sells of 2k14 & 2k15 = 11.88 mil

If the same numbers were to apply to this year(from 15) for the 16 series, Live would just be under or close to 1 mil combined, while 2k would be closing close to 20 mil.
Yes we as NBA gaming fans, and specifically Live fans patience has run out, or been overlapped with new 3 yr plans, and apology letters. Wishlist items still haven't made the cut, and they've been on multi yr wishlist threads.. beyond ridiculous.
This year will be a telling year for this series. EA knows they have to get this game in as many hands as possible, so they can get to your wallet with LUT transactions. I doubt will see much advertising for this as a cost saving maneuver, and as always I will def demo and play that for my Live fix if that.
EA's stock is at an all time and will continue to rise after Battlefronts release. I could see Live 16 selling a million copies this year. Lots of positive feedback from around the internet and lots of people wanting them to succeed. Even if Live doesn't sell a million copies, I could see EA doubling the resources for the game because of the large market of the NBA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »