Home

NBA Live 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2015, 07:26 AM   #73
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

The game is much improved from the demo, thank goodness that sweeping layup has been toned down. NOBODY does that man, lol

I am glad that the AI on Superstar is actually giving a challenge...I probably went 30+-0 against the CPU last year...but I don't see that happening this year...the Warriors are especially hard to beat. With a challenge comes some "cheese" tactics by the CPU which is expected. If they don't have anything on a possession, a lot of time they'll dump it down to whoever and do a uninterruptible move or hook for an easy bucket. All in all a lot better than last year though. I am seeing some varied offense between teams so far.

This leads me into some issues I am still having:

Paint defense is still rough...I think this game is a lot more fun HUM vs. HUM so unless I'm having a couch battle sliders aren't an option here. Its a mess online though...just way too easy to get into the paint for an easy bucket.

Bigs are still driving to the basket with guard speed. Players are quick on NBA LIVE. So I sag my big to the paint of the floor in anticipation of a drive....way too often guys like Robin Lopez can make mad dashes from the 3 point line to the paint.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:18 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 34

It's not a bad game. It really isn't.

Spacing..good, Tempo..good. Controls..nice and simple to get a hang of, and the teams are not clones of each other in their freelance sets. There's more individualized execution than I expected.

Shot making is too generous though..and it is a damn parade to the paint. That needs tuning as soon as it can be tuned. Passing..the ball at times just ROCKETS to it's target. Really weird. Fewer animation borks, especially in contact foul situations.

Viewing this game from the perspective of actually playing the ghastly '14...the moderately improved '15..they are doing the right things.

Throw in the ProAm Mode, and the game is good enough to stick around the rotation
Old 09-30-2015, 03:12 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

NBA Live 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

I have to come on here and say I was wrong about this game. From the day I received my retail copy until this game is like night and day. It has changed dramatically. I can say I thank the good Lord that no one purchased my game of Craigslist.

Whatever EA did with there tweaks/updates has made this game a competitor. To the guys/gals who worked on this title I give kudos to you. It may not have a lot of the bells and whistles but it plays a damn good game of ball.

WTF thanks for keeping us in the loop about this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 09-30-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
I have to come on here and say I was wrong about this game. From the day I received my retail copy until this game is like night and day. It has changed dramatically. I can say I thank the good Lord that no one purchased my game of Craigslist.

Whatever EA did with there tweaks/updates has made this game a competitor. To the guys/gals who worked on this title I give kudos to you. It may not have a lot of the bells and whistles but it plays a damn good game of ball.

WTF thanks for keeping us in the loop about this game.

was it todays patch that changed your mind?

Last edited by king doe; 09-30-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

It's a solid game....

Still has some warps but less warps than what we saw in demo if that means anything.

I'm still not happy with lack of editing and Franchise mode where I can't play any game I want to play

Been fooling around with sliders on the 3 different levels trying to decide which level i'm going to roll with this year.

Last year I waited til Black Friday to pick it up (X-Mas gift) this year although reluctant I did get it on release day.

So they (EA) made enough progress from Live 15 to 16 to get my attention again after about 4-5 years of frustration I had with the series.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-30-2015, 03:25 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by king doe
was it todays patch that changed your mind

The game has just evolved the last few times I've played. The majority of the goofy stuff is not happening. Play Sim style and the game plays Sim. Running plays is a thing of beauty imo. The mid range game is there now. I can list others but those things stood out. I was playing vs the Cavs and LBJ was LBJ. If I had of not quit he would of had a triple double against me. Love was shooting 3's and mid range game. Just a really solid balance that I saw and again no goofy stuff like before the updates

Old 09-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

No impression from me as I don't have the game...but, I do have a question? I'm guessing I'm in the minority, but graphics wise, (I've only played the demo) I don't see a great looking game...some player faces are very weird looking, even LBJ looks not right. The jerseys don't fit properly, and the overall game looks kinda like a cartoon in motion rather than a video game. Just my opinion, but, on a scale from 1-10, where you all put the graphics? I just don't see it...

Last edited by tha_show256; 09-30-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:33 PM   #80
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
The game has just evolved the last few times I've played. The majority of the goofy stuff is not happening. Play Sim style and the game plays Sim. Running plays is a thing of beauty imo. The mid range game is there now. I can list others but those things stood out. I was playing vs the Cavs and LBJ was LBJ. If I had of not quit he would of had a triple double against me. Love was shooting 3's and mid range game. Just a really solid balance that I saw and again no goofy stuff like before the updates

Seeing more contact inside after he latest patch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »