Home

Why do the Live 18 player animations look so awkward? Was there any mo-cap at all?

This is a discussion on Why do the Live 18 player animations look so awkward? Was there any mo-cap at all? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #9
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Why do the Live 18 player animations look so awkward? Was there any mo-cap at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
Can we stop we the complaining please? I played at EA Play in Hollywood and was extremely impressed with and never felt animations were bad. The game was fun and light yrs ahead of NBA Live 16. I understand complaints once you play at least the demo in August. But for now you can't be serious with negative claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Any feedback from your time playing ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 06-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #10
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why do the Live 18 player animations look so awkward? Was there any mo-cap at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I'm hoping there is still time to fix it.

I'd say I kept it pretty constructive. I talked about the parts that look good and the parts that look bad.

It would be lying to say "animations look A+" and it'd also give no incentive to EA to fix it.

A ton of the comments I see on the YouTube videos say the animations look bad... and I agree. I was hoping they'd fix it this year because they do have some solid ideas.

Is there no time to fix this?
No offense but YouTube comments are never going to be in lives favor even if the animation where A+, Live fanbase pretty much gone. From what vid showed game looks ok not sure 60 worth gotta see by the demo.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

The animations are good in my opinion. My only issue is the shooting forms that can surely be corrected before release date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 11:03 PM   #12
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Why do the Live 18 player animations look so awkward? Was there any mo-cap at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
Can we stop we the complaining please? I played at EA Play in Hollywood and was extremely impressed with and never felt animations were bad. The game was fun and light yrs ahead of NBA Live 16. I understand complaints once you play at least the demo in August. But for now you can't be serious with negative claims.

Why can't we complain? I'm tired of people giving game developers a pass. That is probably why they don't fix these things. Madden buckled knees has been an issue for years and we the community have been vocal about it but yet they haven't fixed it till this day as we speak. It doesn't hurt to try and plant that seed into their mind of what we think needs to be improved. It can take years of pitching ideas for them to listen. They may not listen at all for all I know but if the outcry start building up and coming from the masses then they have to cater to us and cave in to what we want. Especially if sales starts to take a dip. And in my opinion this is the best time to pitch ideas to the devs cause they are starting fresh and coming off a horrific NBA live 16 in terms of sales. They'll probably listen more now. We don't need yes men!

So my point is if something is off to you just be vocal about it and let them know cause maybe that will help them improve instead of someone who agrees and likes everything they do. Devs needs to listen to real opinions and feedbacks not these "yes men" who tell them what they want to hear or read. From reading a lot of posts from different gamechangers on different websites and forums they all sound like "yes men" and defend EA every chance they get. It sort of rubs off as sucking up because they're afraid EA will cut ties with them if they said something bad. I also understand they have NDA but please stop with the sucking up and they need to be blunt with EA without being scared that EA won't give them gifts anymore. Besides that neo guy an ex-NHL Gamechanger who was banned for speaking his mind all EA Gamechangers give me the same vibe and are scared to speak up and that leads me to believe most of them are "yes men" which I don't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SeaTownGamer; 06-13-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:17 PM   #13
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

There is always room for constructive criticism. But too often it turns to hate and vitriol.

In fact, I think the only reason why NBA Live looks as much improved as it does (and it does look improved, maybe not enough for some people but that's ok) is a direct result of community criticism. But obviously sales play a big part but that goes hand in hand with what we think of the game.

Also, when the first trailer was leaked people were unhappy. It didn't look very good. But everything since has been looking better and better.

So let's not judge it fully on this leaked 5 on 5 gameplay. Still a ways to go.

And I am sorry to say it, but if you still see no improvement from this game then this game is probably not for you and it might be time to move on.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:14 AM   #14
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Any feedback from your time playing ?

Btw I'll apologize regarding complaining comment I do see see your looking forward to devs improving game.

I was able to play 2 quarters (5 min) with Cavs at home and the jump from 16 to 18 was great for me. Btw score was 22-17 Warriors in All Star. This game reminds me a lot to 2K and that's a great thing, but the feel of game and sound of it beats 2K. Also the spacing plus ball movement felt and looks good. Durant was breaking my defense apart with his skill level. The physical part of game was improved immensely plus net physics were very organic.

From what I played it's a first day buy from me, I really like the development team being out there and finally showing game off. I'm scared people's complaining will lead to another delay. For me I'm not looking for perfection from Live I just want 2K to have competition and I feel this game will lead to competition to finally step up their game too. I will support this project this year since game felt really fun. It really depends what you're looking forward to with it, I went there Saturday with no expectations and I left there impressed. These are some of the pics from Saturday.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:55 AM   #15
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Why can't we complain? I'm tired of people giving game developers a pass. That is probably why they don't fix these things. Madden buckled knees has been an issue for years and we the community have been vocal about it but yet they haven't fixed it till this day as we speak. It doesn't hurt to try and plant that seed into their mind of what we think needs to be improved. It can take years of pitching ideas for them to listen. They may not listen at all for all I know but if the outcry start building up and coming from the masses then they have to cater to us and cave in to what we want. Especially if sales starts to take a dip. And in my opinion this is the best time to pitch ideas to the devs cause they are starting fresh and coming off a horrific NBA live 16 in terms of sales. They'll probably listen more now. We don't need yes men!

So my point is if something is off to you just be vocal about it and let them know cause maybe that will help them improve instead of someone who agrees and likes everything they do. Devs needs to listen to real opinions and feedbacks not these "yes men" who tell them what they want to hear or read. From reading a lot of posts from different gamechangers on different websites and forums they all sound like "yes men" and defend EA every chance they get. It sort of rubs off as sucking up because they're afraid EA will cut ties with them if they said something bad. I also understand they have NDA but please stop with the sucking up and they need to be blunt with EA without being scared that EA won't give them gifts anymore. Besides that neo guy an ex-NHL Gamechanger who was banned for speaking his mind all EA Gamechangers give me the same vibe and are scared to speak up and that leads me to believe most of them are "yes men" which I don't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You truly couldn't be further off base. I take my time away from my family and my work to go down and try to help them right a wrong. I've caused the room to go to crickets going off on rants about what doesn't work and why. I don't get paid, I get a copy of the game at release. I wouldn't take time away from my family and life to go be a yes man, and the same for most others. There are some, but far and away, most are far from it.

At the end of the day, the criticisms far outweigh the praises when we go down by 3:1. It's the only way for this series to find it's footing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

They should have enough time to fix the floaty passes, the fastbreak transition offense and the weight of the players being heavy. Unfortunately with animations they don't have enough time unless they delay the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »