Home

Franchise Mode Details?

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode Details? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2017, 12:01 AM   #17
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Franchise Mode Details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
I think I said it in another thread, but the word "streamlined" in there has me worried. Like, franchise was already pretty bare bones, and a word like streamlined makes me feel like things may have been cut. Probably just reading too much into the wording, but I feel like "in-depth" or "feature rich" would inspire more confidence
You can probably bet on it looking a lot like Madden's franchise. The good thing will be that everything that will be available offline will be available online, the bad thing is that it will likely have very little depth and be more arcade in nature.

Draft top players, make big trades will likely be labeled "Big Decisions" which is just streamlined UI for doing stuff pertaining to your franchise. The distinctive upgrade points is almost assuredly the same kind of XP format used in Madden as well. Madden's franchise is built around accessibility and making sure the most extreme casual user can jump in and easily understand everything from the jump. Unfortunately this also has routinely come at the expense of depth, challenge and authenticity.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:19 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
You can probably bet on it looking a lot like Madden's franchise. The good thing will be that everything that will be available offline will be available online, the bad thing is that it will likely have very little depth and be more arcade in nature.

Draft top players, make big trades will likely be labeled "Big Decisions" which is just streamlined UI for doing stuff pertaining to your franchise. The distinctive upgrade points is almost assuredly the same kind of XP format used in Madden as well. Madden's franchise is built around accessibility and making sure the most extreme casual user can jump in and easily understand everything from the jump. Unfortunately this also has routinely come at the expense of depth, challenge and authenticity.
Ya I think it's hard to maintain this balance (which the quote you have displayed also outlines). The XP makes it familiar for gamers who play other EA sports titles, which I think they expect will drive usage. I'm the guy who wants an extremely deep, complex franchise mode in any game I play. I basically have never experienced what I want, but that's b/c such a small percentage of people playing these games will actually engage all that depth. It's a bummer, but I get it.

I liken it to a rookie in the NBA realizing how "cut throat" the front office is when trades get made. Ultimately, EA is trying to grow top line revenue / profit while improving their customers' experience. Not easy.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #19
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

Having the franchise mode be bare bones is fine with me. I just want there to be injuries within played games, that's all. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-15-2017, 11:49 PM   #20
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunePirate
Having the franchise mode be bare bones is fine with me. I just want there to be injuries within played games, that's all. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

This is huge for me also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »