Home

NBA Live 18 Demo Available Now on Xbox One & PS4

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18 Demo Available Now on Xbox One & PS4 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 09:01 AM   #9
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Downloading now, hopefully I can get a quick peek at lunch.* I'm sure 2k will still be the overall better product, but I just love the structure of the career mode in Live this year.* Honestly I'm looking forward to playing the park leagues more than anything else.

That $40 price tag for preorder isn't a bad thing either.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #10
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Everyone with face scan problems make sure you are scan your face in the app with the email your ea account is associated with your console.*

I had the same problem because I have 4 ea accounts throughout the years so the one that actually worked wass an ea account I made years ago with my parents email. If you google ea accounts *you can sign in with whatever email you made your scan with in the app and go to my profile and at the bottom see if that account is linked to PSN or XBOXONE
Old 08-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #11
Banned

mhayden614's Arena

OVR: 0
Played one Drew League game. It's better than what they've been trying to put out in the past no doubt. Something about it just feels off to me but it's that EA feel to the way the players have always moved throughout live. The other game feels more fluid with movement. Live i'm feeling like there's too much momentum to the body movement and it feels like such a large weight transfer from side to side on every movement. It makes the guys feel so sluggish to their movement instead of fast and athletic. NBA players are quick and make fast twitch movements. The Live models feel like they have weighted vests on. For example, I was controlling Paul George off the ball defending Lebron. I was sliding in and out of weakside help defense and Westbrook drove to the lane from the other wing. When I tried to move into the paint to help on D Paul George was so slow and sluggish moving in that I was way too late to even help. Even when shooting, I just feel like I have more control over the player, movement, and shot in the other game. With this I feel like it gets into the animation. Outside of the movement the game does play pretty well. There are some things that might need tweaking, for instances Lebron blocked Paul George from behind on a drive and he grabbed the ball with both hands. Not that he can't do this or wouldn't do it in a game if getting a clear block from someone smaller, but if Paul George is driving to the basket on him i'd expect a regular block in that situation, he just snatched it like it was nothing.*

I usually don't play those My Player type modes but since I had to for the demo, I did think the inclusion of First Take and the live video story stuff was pretty cool and interesting. Having Max and Stephen A. Smith on First Take though was a smart touch at taking advantage of the ESPN connection. I like the story mode they set you up with better than what the other game had been offering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #12
Just started!

OVR: 0
@mhayden614 your post is on point!! I created an account just to comment. I'm liking the direction that Live is headed!! There are just small things that I like more than 2K. Sometimes I can get 2K to predictable situations more than this Live. For example, the pick and roll. I do prefer the actual pick and roll movement from 2K, but with the Live the roll man switches up his roll each time. I like how the rim protectors are actual rim protectors too. I caught an alley oop with Ant Davis in the Drew and the crowd went crazy! The celebration after the 3s is dope too! Oh and Lebron is an animal. I dunked on Steph and KD something nasty on a break. I noticed that the shooters on the break spot up around the 3 pt line and the slashers do just that on the break. 2K needs a face scan for mobile too. Not sure if they have one, but this made it easy for me to do after I figured out what email my gamertag was linked to.

Pros:
Presentation
Kicks
The One Mode with First Take
The ability to unlock gear and attributes as you play well

Cons
Something still a bit off with the movements, lack of fluidity at times
Shooting takes some getting used to
Dunks could use better rim interaction
Old 08-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 33
So many positive comments....but seriously, if this demo was for the latest version of NBA 2K we'd have far more replies & they'd be far more negative.*
Old 08-11-2017, 06:17 PM   #14
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 18 Demo Available Now on Xbox One & PS4

I'm trying to download the demo on ps4 but it keeps giving me a "can't download" error.

I'm outside of the U.S. Is this a region thing or what?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 08-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #15
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I'm trying to download the demo on ps4 but it keeps giving me a "can't download" error.

I'm outside of the U.S. Is this a region thing or what?
It means you need to free up some space.....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I figured out why I couldnt upload my game face after hours of frustration. I wasn't using my primary ps4. So the EA account I used for my first game face was on my newer ea account. I thought I could just change my PSN account email and that would work.
Turns out I had to login into original EA account logged into my old PS4 and redo my game face and it came out better and now works

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »