Home

The 2020 New York Knicks: We Didn't Want Any Stars Anyway

This is a discussion on The 2020 New York Knicks: We Didn't Want Any Stars Anyway within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2019, 02:45 PM   #33
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: The 2020 New York Knicks: We Didn't Want Any Stars Anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Is randles contract up yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He actually passed the ball multiple times instead of his patented behind the back spin turnover that he perfected the first 3 games.

Is RJ for real? This can be scary if so.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:08 PM   #34
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

He did in the 4th qtr at least, that's probably why we won (besides Portis catching fire). He had all 8 of his turnovers in the first three quarters I believe.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-03-2019, 09:41 PM   #35
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

This is a fireable offense:

https://twitter.com/sny_knicks/statu...133842432?s=21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2019, 01:50 PM   #36
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

We've used five starting lineups in seven games. Yay, Fiz.

Randle has shot in the 30% in four of seven games. In his two breakout seasons he shot .558 and .524 from the floor. He's currently at .418. Fiz has to get a handle on this situation. Stop this cutesy bull**** where whoever gets the rebound can bring it up the court. Stop letting him iso on the block all the time. Run some stuff to get him easier looks. You've got to get in his ear that he can't dribble the ball 4-8 times on his post moves. This is the NBA, not pickup at LA Fitness. That **** isn't going to fly. He's shooting 5% from three. On top of all of that, he's averaging 4.1 turnovers per game.

It's the exact same garbage we had while KP was here, even though Fiz never coached him, where we make life so difficult for our top scorers. They have to create their own looks far too often and the easy looks we manufacture for them are few and far between.

We need an f'n point guard in the worst way.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 11

It's a poorly constructed team to begin with....I put that on the geniuses in the front office.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:13 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
The rest of the league is doing one thing, the knicks are doing the opposite. I wonder who is right?

Between this, and failing to do anything remotely creative with our cap space after striking out on Durant, I've lost any confidence I may have had in our front office. Maybe not quite the joke we were under some other gms but just normal bad.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:44 PM   #39
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

Quote:
The rest of the league is doing one thing, the knicks are doing the opposite. I wonder who is right?

Between this, and failing to do anything remotely creative with our cap space after striking out on Durant, I've lost any confidence I may have had in our front office. Maybe not quite the joke we were under some other gms but just normal bad.

It’s a 20 point blow out loss. He had him in there obviously to pad his stats. And to have the nerve to justify it for what players were doing 20 years ago when the pace of play was slower is laughable.

Just can the guy already. It wasn’t going to be a winning season anyway. The last thing we need is RJ breaking down or getting injured because of this guy’s stubbornness and lack of coaching ability and awareness.

He’s the Knicks version of Adam Gase. Made his reputation off LeBron and D-Wade.

He has no clue.

If he wants to develop scrubs..go to the G-League.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:29 AM   #40
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Man, that perfectly sums up the last decade of Knicks basketball. Well said.

I'll never get over the fact that we were ahead of the curve in 2012/13 with a smallball, three-heavy offense and had our best season in nearly 15 years and we promptly abandoned that strategy and it's been a disaster ever since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »