Home

Official March Madness 08 Impressions (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Official March Madness 08 Impressions (360/PS3) within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Official March Madness 08 Impressions (360/PS3)

Offensive rebounds and fatigue are the only issues for me so far. Not going to change anything else until I get used to the controls. Can't tell you how many times I hit the layup button on an outside shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #26
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYjetsdynasty
Has anyone played online yet? I really want to know how this plays online. Live plays really well online but, I want to know how that works.
I played a game this morning on PS3, and it played pretty smooth. Probably smoother than any EA Sports titles I've played on line for PS3. Keep in mind, that's not saying much as they typically are laggy and there were only 3-5 people online at the time.

Only hang-up was that my foe got a DNF, even though he played the whole game. I think there's an issue after the game with the options of "Resume Game" and "End Game." I hit 'Resume' and did got credit for playing - I think he hit 'End' and it gave him a DNF.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #27
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Offensive rebounds and fatigue are the only issues for me so far. Not going to change anything else until I get used to the controls. Can't tell you how many times I hit the layup button on an outside shot.
The fatigue, subs, and simulation stats are what stand out to me as major red flags.

I have also noticed a few gameplay quirks - it seems that if you can get the OReb, the defense just stands there (does not react timely enough) and lets you score too easy.

In my first few games I kept hitting the wrong button(s) to shoot as well, but after a few games it started to feel pretty natural.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #28
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Can't tell you how many times I hit the layup button on an outside shot.
I'm guilty of that too
Old 12-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #29
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
I played one of the Community Leaders online two nights ago (X360) and it didn't skip a beat.
Nice. Cant wait to get home from work. This sucks. I want to thank you guys with all of your impressions.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

boo! Hardly any good names that actually have audio. Tyler Hansborough name is not even in the database.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

You see, this is what drives me nuts. Everything I am reading makes this sound like a good first year effort. As bad as Choops is, I think that there are things in MM that will drive me just as crazy.

I can't purchse this game because I already spent my BB dollars on Choops. Its the principal, I'd rather give that $50 to charity this time of year than watch MM turn into a coaster.

That said, I appreciate your honest impressions, and I am going to give the lean to MM 09 knowing that they are looking to improve this franchise. It sounds like you can make a sim like game out of this where you can't Choops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #32
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
boo! Hardly any good names that actually have audio. Tyler Hansborough name is not even in the database.
I think i noticed that last year to. EA needs to get its think together with in game audio. I think they also need to make it easier to edit the names.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »