Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This game has the ability to be Sweet. The only flaws i wasnt to Jiffy on were the passes, it felt like there wasnt effort into them, and the opposing team would just take it...Sometimes when i go to shoot the 3ball, my guy drives to the net, but o well....

I cant wait to have rosters(I HOPE) and use other teams then UK and UT...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 11

Well I gotta say this is a serious improvement over previous efforts. The only thing I noticed was some really questionable charging calls but that can be adjusted no worries.
Ive been a 2k guy since its inception. This game is solid and I am relieved. I didnt want my only College choice to suck. It appears EA stepped up.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #67
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Just played through 2 demo games, one with the Heels vs. the Spartans and one UT vs. UK. I love how the classic teams had the short shorts, lol. Nice touch.

One thing that I hope is just a result of this being a demo and not the full version is that they have a barely used fight song for UNC rather than the familiar "Tar Heel Born, Tar Heel Bred" one (Hark the Sound for those who know it). They didn't have Rocky Top Tennessee for the Vols either. They had some other song that I don't remember hearing before.

The player models don't look as polished as they do for Live 09, likely because you have 10 generic players out on the court without actual human face models.

Now for what I like:

It is a WAY more polished version of the Live 09 engine. If you like Live 09, you'll love this, assuming you're a college basketball fan. The shooting percentages on the All-American setting were just fine. For one half with the 82 Heels, I shot 44% and allowed 49%. In the UT/UK game (I was UT), I shot a little higher mostly because I was forcing a lot of turnovers and getting easy buckets.

The AI will dish out to an open man on a double team like nobody's business...and when they get the ball, they don't just stand their with their thumbs up their ***, they actually shoot the ball. What a concept, huh?

Overall, this is a first day buy for me and I can see me spending more time with it than Live 09, simply because I'm more of a college basketball fan.
Just played it, agree with this 100%.

Love the coaches interaction on the screen, and that they use real coaches. I had Bruce Pearl yelling at me, nice touch.

I do not like the default camera angle on broadcast, feels like I'm missing the bottom of the screen, very odd camera angle to me.

It's like a more polished Live 09. Love the tempo meter. Kentucky actually played like Kentucky. I wonder if this will be part of the Live patch? Hmmm

It's a day 1 purchase.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 11-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #68
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Looks like this will complete my basketball revolution this year
Old 11-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #69
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Nice impressions so far. Really nice. Keep them coming.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 25

Will have to try this one tonight before I get Gears of War 2. How's the download speed been today on Live?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #71
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16
Icon10 Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Nitpicky comment:
The outside, men's 3pt line on Tennessee's court should be orange.

Thanks BShadows for posting a video. I'll give some PS3 gameplay impressions after they update the PSN store. I can't wait to try this out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 10

The Arenas and courts all look great. All courts have this certain look to them with makes them look the same. But it only seems minor. The control are less "laggy" from live. Everything seem to be quicker then in Live. Like when players go back on offense to defense. Rebounding is a bit better. The ball and rim physic are slightly different then in Live but are still no that good. The first free throw camera is set to far back which makes it hard to see. The crowd could be better. Running plays are the same which i love. There is no crowd meter!!? Always liked announcing in this game, no different. On dunks the rims move!! (stupid live)

If you liked the Live engine , there is no reason to not like this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »