Home

NCAA Basketball 09 - A Second Opinion

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 - A Second Opinion within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
The review is mindblowing...I hope it is as correct as impressive it is!!! I might give it a shot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #26
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5
I totally agree with the review, both with the positives and the negatives. I have really been enjoying the game without the rosters, but the finished community roster will only add to my fun.

EA has laid the groundwork to finally exploit the monopoly it has in the sports gaming world to its fullest potential, and has raised the standards in such a way that gamers expect features appearing in other EA sports games (online dynasty, roster sharing, LIVE 365 updates, 5-on-5 play, stat tracking and website integration, ESPN on demand, etc.), to become the standard for all future ES sports game releases.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #27
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Not believing the faux hype for this unmitigated disaster of a game when compared to the incredible CH 2K8. NBA 2K9 remains my desired choice of bball gaming but when when I need my college fix, I will dust of CH2K8 and enjoy the hell out of it. BTW, anyone find it a highly ironic that 2K Sports is sponsoring a College Basketball early season events called the 2K Sports Classic or some ish yet they gave up on continuing the CHoops series. What gives 2K?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #28
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 - A Second Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Not believing the faux hype for this unmitigated disaster of a game when compared to the incredible CH 2K8. NBA 2K9 remains my desired choice of bball gaming but when when I need my college fix, I will dust of CH2K8 and enjoy the hell out of it. BTW, anyone find it a highly ironic that 2K Sports is sponsoring a College Basketball early season events called the 2K Sports Classic or some ish yet they gave up on continuing the CHoops series. What gives 2K?
"Faux Hype"? I actually take offense to that comment as the writer of this article.
The game is good, and this is coming from a completely unbiased (if not slightly 2k slanted) person. What possible reason would I have to spend the time writing this article just to generate hype for the game? I'm a harcore hoops gamer and I call them like I see them.

Sure the game has some issues and isn't perfect, but the bottom line is that it is fun and a great game of college basketball.

To each their own, and I hope you enjoy CH2K8. All I know is that after playing this game, and then going back to CH2K8, 2K's offering was almost unplayable- the game has not aged as well as some may think (myself included).

NCAA 09 is a blast.

Last edited by Bumble14; 11-21-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I was tricked into buying March Madnes for the PS2 a few years back. It was unplayable. Star players when edited got trapped at the bottom of the roster. Sorting stats was impossible and they only gave unique ratings to some players. The whole MSU roster had the same default raings. It was abysmal.

The no multi-team dynasty was a killer and an automatic no buy for me. But I am intirgued possibly enough to spend $5 on a rental down the line. But that offerening 2 years ago left enough vomit in my mouth that I am not sure I can trust this game.

How are the rosters and the stat tracking?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #30
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I was tricked into buying March Madnes for the PS2 a few years back. It was unplayable. Star players when edited got trapped at the bottom of the roster. Sorting stats was impossible and they only gave unique ratings to some players. The whole MSU roster had the same default raings. It was abysmal.

The no multi-team dynasty was a killer and an automatic no buy for me. But I am intirgued possibly enough to spend $5 on a rental down the line. But that offerening 2 years ago left enough vomit in my mouth that I am not sure I can trust this game.

How are the rosters and the stat tracking?
outside the classic ones, the rosters are pretty good to go, only minor adjustments needed. Stat tracking I can't comment on as I havent' started a dynasty yet, but will either tonight or tomorrow.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
thank you for sharing your insightful opinion. Good to see that people can still label a game a disaster without having ever played it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #32
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Thanks for your wonderful, ignorant post. Good for you!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »