Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Patch Available For PS3, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Patch Available For PS3, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Patch (PS3) already available 5:10AM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Actually I don't think so, I forgot about that game. I believe that game is just omitted.
Ya I was just wondering how schedules are handled with teams that werent included. So you think they just omit it from the schedule? If thats the case, how the heck are they doing the schedules for Atlantic Sun teams? If they just omit games, then their schedules will have like 5 or 6 less games than everyone
Old 11-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #34
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
It's still a mess, I started a dynasty and the Top 141 recruits in the country were 5-stars. IRL there are 25-35.

The authentic schedule is nice, if your team plays in a preseason tournament that isn't in NCAA09 then you simply aren't given any games to represent that. The UConn dynasty I just started does not have the Paradise Jam or any other tournament. Other than that UConn's schedule is spot on.

Classic team editing is nice, only gripe is that you cannot have an undershirt of any kind, that option is grayed out and I have no idea why.

I played 10 minutes of a game and the post play seemed a little better, the CPU was sharper but nothing too noticeable after only 10 minutes. My full court press didn't trap quite as often but I didn't see a huge difference there either.
i think the post moves feel a bit tighter. and your right still to many 5 * guy i had 147 of them.. but for the most part i think only 8 of them had any serious interest in me.

im playing in the Old Spice classic Tournament right now .
MLB: New York Yankees

Last edited by Scoop 24; 11-26-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #35
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
How many of those 5-star recruits sign with smaller programs though?
welll i ran a test dynasty earlier with Rutgers . there was maybe 2 5* interested in them at most.. but even so Rutgers didn't have enough points to all out pursue them. By time i finished the 1st week i only had like 35 recruting points left.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #36
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
welll i ran a test dynasty earlier with Rutgers . there was maybe 2 5* interested in them at most.. but even so Rutgers didn't have enough points to all out pursue them. By time i finished the 1st week i only had like 35 recruting points left.
Hmm, so does that mean there are going to be 50 unsigned 5-star recruits every season?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #37
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Hmm, so does that mean there are going to be 50 unsigned 5-star recruits every season?
could be the case.. i really dont know.. i really hate the fact you can't go back and look at the big list of recruits after preseason you have to stay with your short list.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #38
Rookie

jnelson32's Arena

OVR: 3

When simming through the tournament part of the schedule it seems they are missing. It has ND playing IU on the 25th in the Maui Invitational, but no game the next day vs. Texas/St. Joe's. I noticed the same thing for the Puerto Rico tournament and the NIT. Has anybody else noticed this? It also doesn't seem to have any games for the Coaches vs. Cancer tournament like Duke vs. Michigan, but it has the Cuse/Florida game from the CBE.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #39
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

the coaches vs cancer tournament is sponsored by 2k sports so they are not putting that tournament in the game.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:08 PM   #40
Rookie

jnelson32's Arena

OVR: 3

I realize that the actual tournament isn't part of the game, but by looking at teams schedules other tournament games are in as regular games. My main point is that I'm not seeing the Maui, NIT or Puerto Rico tourneys in dynasty mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »