Home

2 things: Gameplay and Recruiting

This is a discussion on 2 things: Gameplay and Recruiting within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
2 things: Gameplay and Recruiting

Number 1: Gameplay...

Is this just happening to me? Every game I play, the cpu hits every single shot they take. Even from long range, the cpu misses 1-2 shots a game. I am guarding them close and everything, they justr dont miss. There is also an obscene amount of charges called, and the cpus defense always stops me on everything I do. I am never able to get inside with my guard, or able to shake off the defender.

Number 2: Recruiting:

It sucks that we only have 300 points for the year to recruit. Is this for the off-season also, or do we get more points? Is there a way to see ESPN's Top 100, or to see all the recruits, in season? It sucks only having the option to view your targeted players, or having a short list. Also, why cant you offer a schollie to players who are interested in you, and you have had family friends, coaches, or the alumni recruiting them, since you had no more points? In my opinion, recruiting is absolutely terrible in this game, and EA should just copy the NCAA Football's recruiting. Also, why does the AD and alumni constantly email you saying that your not recruiting to fit the program, meanwhile I am?

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: 2 things: Gameplay and Recruiting

Number 1: Doesn't happen to me, I held Villanova to 36% shooting. and 3/13 from 3.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Sliders are your friend
Old 12-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Number 1: Gameplay...

Is this just happening to me? Every game I play, the cpu hits every single shot they take. Even from long range, the cpu misses 1-2 shots a game. I am guarding them close and everything, they justr dont miss. There is also an obscene amount of charges called, and the cpus defense always stops me on everything I do. I am never able to get inside with my guard, or able to shake off the defender.

Ouch, what team are you and who are you playing? I have had some really good games including a nail-biter against the Vols. Like HustlinOwl said sliders are your friend! There's a whole forum devoted to them. I've been using roadlesstvld's sliders with amazing results, I've included in that thread the games stats and some analysis for your viewing pleasure.

Number 2: Recruiting:

It sucks that we only have 300 points for the year to recruit. Is this for the off-season also, or do we get more points? Is there a way to see ESPN's Top 100, or to see all the recruits, in season? It sucks only having the option to view your targeted players, or having a short list. Also, why cant you offer a schollie to players who are interested in you, and you have had family friends, coaches, or the alumni recruiting them, since you had no more points? In my opinion, recruiting is absolutely terrible in this game, and EA should just copy the NCAA Football's recruiting. Also, why does the AD and alumni constantly email you saying that your not recruiting to fit the program, meanwhile I am?

I agree recruiting in this game is piss-poor. It feels thrown together without any logical thought or reasoning. While I don't agree with just simply copying NCAA Football's model, it's a step in the right direction.

Both games seem to hit us with a plethora of information about recruits and then force us to make phone calls throughout the season pique their interest. While this is true to life, it doesn't make it fun in the game. We/they need to figure something out to make recruiting more enjoyable.

I like how EA incorporates people just outside the realm of basketball (the AD) and people involved but on the way outside (Family friends and Alumni.) It adds to the pressure of landing a top recruit and how a whole school gets behind your efforts. It's a nice touch that could potentially be expanded upon.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Yeah, I went to sliders forum after I saw his response. I am using Countryboys, with some tweeks. Now, I am dominating the weeklings, and just had a really close game against Florida State, in which I won 88-78. I pulled away within the last 2 minutes, but I was up by as many as 27, and they came all the way back, and pulled ahead by 3. Then I closed the deal with the deadly combo of Deonta Vaughn and Cashmere Wright I am using Cincinnati, by the way.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 10:40 PM   #6
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Glad to hear the game is more enjoyable for you now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »