Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Feature List

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Feature List within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2009, 03:01 AM   #41
Rookie

addio's Arena

OVR: 1
Enough with EA trying to make a good NCAA Basketball game. Their college basketball games will never be close to as good as 2K Sports' were. I bought last year's NCAA Basketball and it was awful...I still play 2K8 because the gameplay and dynasty are far better than anything EA will develop in the next five years at least. I can safely say this year will be no different, and EA will continue to rip us off and make a mediocre game because they know they have no other competition when it comes to college basketball games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #42
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NCAA Basketball 10 Feature List

All-New Dynamic Updates*—Enjoy a true-to-life college basketball experience as real-life RPI ratings and stats from every Division I school are imported in-game weekly—absolutely free!

Any chance that this actually doesn't tie into gameplay at all, since technically they aren't allowed to make the actual NCAA players on the game (even though we know who they are supposed to be)? I guess what I'm wondering is if this feature will just be something you can view and not really use in any way, the same as if you went to ESPN's website and viewed stats, RPI ratings, and so forth.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #43
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by addio
Enough with EA trying to make a good NCAA Basketball game. Their college basketball games will never be close to as good as 2K Sports' were. I bought last year's NCAA Basketball and it was awful...I still play 2K8 because the gameplay and dynasty are far better than anything EA will develop in the next five years at least. I can safely say this year will be no different, and EA will continue to rip us off and make a mediocre game because they know they have no other competition when it comes to college basketball games.
Since you can see into the future, can I have this week's winning lottery numbers? I could use a couple million dollars.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #44
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Since you can see into the future, can I have this week's winning lottery numbers? I could use a couple million dollars.
I won't be greedy and ask for a couple million, but I would like to know if he could give me 5 college plays for my parlay this week and let me know if my Mountaineers are going to win Friday night so I'll know whether to watch the game or not.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #45
Rookie

addio's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I won't be greedy and ask for a couple million, but I would like to know if he could give me 5 college plays for my parlay this week and let me know if my Mountaineers are going to win Friday night so I'll know whether to watch the game or not.
LOL I wish I could tell you the lottery numbers and if your Mountaineers are going to win!

But in all seriousness, unless EA did a complete makeover from last years game, I don't expect this year's to be much different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #46
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

lol look at Live 09 compared to Live 10 enough said
Old 10-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #47
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
lol look at Live 09 compared to Live 10 enough said
Great point.

Live 09 was garbage, but Live 10 has actually taken quite a few 2Kers away.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 10-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #48
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16

Some people just need a unique mode like Campus Legend or Online Dynasty to keep their interest in a college basketball game.

I don't really understand that kind of thinking though. Maybe it's because I'm a hardcore fan of CBB and basketball in general. To me, a fabulous on-court simulation experience trumps being able to create myself and be recruited as an incoming freshman any day. Authentic TV presentation and actual motion offenses are two of the best features that EA could have chosen to add.

Plus, if the on-court experience is only mediocre, that limits the potential fun within a Legend or ODynasty mode anyway. Considering that NCAA Basketball games come out every year and have a smaller budget than Madden, I'm very happy with the feature list.

This series is obviously still a work in progress and when it turns its attention to new game modes, it will start getting awesome review scores because the core experience will already be realistic and FUN.

Last edited by whittleboy615; 10-28-2009 at 02:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »