Home

NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled, Future in Doubt (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled, Future in Doubt (Gameinformer) within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #73
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Of course they cancel it. They just have to go out and strong arm their competition, then when they cant even make a decent game with no other competition they just cancel it. Classic EA, good job! Maybe 2k can get back into it, one of the best college games ever made Collese Hoops 2k8.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Basketball 11 Cancelled, Future in Doubt (Gameinformer)

It's not surprising that this is getting cancelled, it doesn't sell well at all.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5

CHoops 2k8 is still the better game. Perhaps that is why they couldn't shift this product. People were still enjoying a 2 year old game compared to this inferior product. 2010 has not been a good year for EA sports titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'm not a big college hoops fan but the thing I find really disappointing about this cancellation is the fact that a sports game finally used more than one presentation overlay and we’re not gonna see how well it was implemented. I think new sports game, specifically Football games, should be looking into…even though it might be fiscally consuming. It was a great idea that I think could have rooted into other ideas such as creating your own overlay or whether to make it look like a 70s or 80s type presentation.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #77
All Star

OVR: 35
The problem is that the leagues/NCAA charge so much for the licenses that it doesn't make the games profitable. Remember the days when we had like 4 or 5 baseball games for each system? I assume that the licensing fees were much lower then. Hopefully, it's a cycle and we'll eventually see more games released for more systems.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #78
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

It's about time. The franchise hasn't gone anywhere in 4 years.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #79
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I'm sure 2k and EA wouldn't have abruptly bailed on franchises that took lots of money and effort to create if getting a better deal on the NCAA licensing fees was as simple as that. EA didn't even have to pay a premium for an exclusive license when 2k bowed out.

NASCAR went through the same thing with EA dropping them, and no one really jumping at the chance to get it, apart from the apparent limited implementation in GT5.

The sales just aren't there to justify a stand alone game that takes money and resources that could be used for other projects.
My problem with them is they take the license and because of years of getting away with it..they release crap year after year with no repercussions. Finally sales take a hit and they bail....

Papyrus' NASCAR killed EA's efforts.. so then EA gets the exclusive. They don't advance the sport AT ALL and now they bail when people finally get tired of the POS they released. EA never did release a Nascar game that topped Papyrus'....

Don't get me started on thier half a$$ effort at NCAA Basketball...
Old 02-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 32
NCAA may have to pay a developer to make a b ball game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »