Home

Anyone still playing this game?

This is a discussion on Anyone still playing this game? within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Anyone still playing this game?

I have went back to playing this game after a lengthy time with Live tryingto edit to fix sim stats, which was no use that game is junk. I just cant seem to get enough of this game. Even without EA not fixing some flaws its still my favorite game even over the show, which is also flawed this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 05:37 AM   #66
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

I just rented this from GameFly for the 360. If anybody wants to get down on some online play, hit me up. GT - GameProsRNerds
Old 07-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #67
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

I bought the game in Feb and have never had the time to really get into the game like I would have liked to have. It's collecting dust now that I have discovered Fifa.
I haven't given up on NCAA hoops just yet. I'm sure I'll give it some play down the road.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

I still love this game.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #69
Rookie

pickupman91's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
They can't blame sales, when the marketing was so over shined by Live 10. Even during the final four, they advertised Live 10. I didn't see one NCAA Basketball 10 video.

Shadows- I can't agree more. This game is still one of my favorites and it frustrates me to no end that they were so close to making this the college game that could top 2k8. I realize for some this game is better than 2k8, but for me it lacked the little things that 2k8 had. But again that could be fixed in a patch. You mentioned it not being advertised during the final four, but I remember last year in the Maui invitational NCAA 09 being used by the ESPN guys broadcasting the game. They used it to show plays or what an offense looked like from an overhead perspective. But they didn't even do that this year either.
All authority of any kind...is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary.
-- J. Krishnamurti
Old 07-23-2010, 02:12 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupman91
Shadows- I can't agree more. This game is still one of my favorites and it frustrates me to no end that they were so close to making this the college game that could top 2k8. I realize for some this game is better than 2k8, but for me it lacked the little things that 2k8 had. But again that could be fixed in a patch. You mentioned it not being advertised during the final four, but I remember last year in the Maui invitational NCAA 09 being used by the ESPN guys broadcasting the game. They used it to show plays or what an offense looked like from an overhead perspective. But they didn't even do that this year either.
sharper, more fluid graphics and the cbs/espn presentation is the only thing this game had going for it. atmosphere was nice
gameplay was a yawner- it was NBA LIVE.
the players were all built like NBA players.
limited animations

The 2k series you can definitely feel the difference between the NBA and college series.

IMO, they were about 2-3 years from even coming close to 2k8.

realistically, it was good game, but game-play and features wise had a ways to go. something they probably couldnt do in 1 year of development.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #71
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinerFan1983
I just rented this from GameFly for the 360. If anybody wants to get down on some online play, hit me up. GT - GameProsRNerds
Scratch that, I just recently sent this back to GameFly. The freezing was really annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Nope.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »