Home

Huge problems, read this if you are planning on buying MM

This is a discussion on Huge problems, read this if you are planning on buying MM within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-18-2003, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Huge problems, read this if you are planning on buying MM

I posted this in the impressions, but thought it was so important for a prospective buyer to read this that I Made a new thread for it

Something everyone should know, is in MM if you like the roleplay or player lock mode, like me, don't get this game. If you are playing in that mode, it is worthless because your teammates WILL NOT do anything without you telling them too. They will not ever pass it to you, without you calling for the ball. They will go the entire shot clock without shooting, if you don't tell them to shot. Not just once, the entire game. I can not stess this enough, its ridiculous, your team will not score, or even take a shot, the entire game, if you do not tell them too. Kind of defeats the purpose of taking one player and working withen the offense.

Also MM doesn't feel like the makers put much care into it, the rosters are not very accurate, the arenas are not very accurate, and get this, teams are in the wrong conference. Yes, no kidding, if you have the game and don't believe me, look at the Mountain West Conference, Charlston Southern is in the Mountain West in this game. Which if you havn't figured it out, is wrong.

Also the feel of the menus and features just doesn't feel like much care was given to them.
Anyway I have only been playing for 2 hours but the flaws that I mentioned are so glaring that I'm not sure I want to continue on. I am very seriously thinking of going to trade it for ESPN CH.

Very sadly, I can only shake my head in disbelief. Roleplay mode, and your team will never shoot, wow, shaking my head. Teams in the wrong conference, wow. Walking away in disbelief.

Go Wy Pokes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2003, 07:40 PM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Huge problems, read this if you are planning on buying MM

You have got to be kidding me?
I just now got home with MM. I took the copy EB sent me to the mall with the receipt from the game I bought Friday. Anyways I just got home and read this. If this is true you just saved me. I only play ROLE mode. I wasn't even going to buy MM because of the only single player dynasty mode but there wasn't any other game that wasn't on my wifes list to get me for X-MAS, that I wanted ...so I brought home MM. Guess it goes back tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am not kidding Skybox, I as well only play in this mode and am hugely dissipointed. I also cannot get over the fact that a conference make up is wrong, not even a little tiny conference, a top 6 rpi conference. Those two things are too much for me.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:10 AM   #4
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

jakea6 said:
I posted this in the impressions, but thought it was so important for a prospective buyer to read this that I Made a new thread for it

Something everyone should know, is in MM if you like the roleplay or player lock mode, like me, don't get this game. If you are playing in that mode, it is worthless because your teammates WILL NOT do anything without you telling them too. They will not ever pass it to you, without you calling for the ball. They will go the entire shot clock without shooting, if you don't tell them to shot. Not just once, the entire game. I can not stess this enough, its ridiculous, your team will not score, or even take a shot, the entire game, if you do not tell them too. Kind of defeats the purpose of taking one player and working withen the offense.

Also MM doesn't feel like the makers put much care into it, the rosters are not very accurate, the arenas are not very accurate, and get this, teams are in the wrong conference. Yes, no kidding, if you have the game and don't believe me, look at the Mountain West Conference, Charlston Southern is in the Mountain West in this game. Which if you havn't figured it out, is wrong.

Also the feel of the menus and features just doesn't feel like much care was given to them.
Anyway I have only been playing for 2 hours but the flaws that I mentioned are so glaring that I'm not sure I want to continue on. I am very seriously thinking of going to trade it for ESPN CH.

Very sadly, I can only shake my head in disbelief. Roleplay mode, and your team will never shoot, wow, shaking my head. Teams in the wrong conference, wow. Walking away in disbelief.

Go Wy Pokes

Yeah, I hear you. I haven't played March Madness, so I'm not going to trash it or anything, but one of the reasons I passed on Live this year (no pun intended), is that when my teammates had the ball they would NOT shoot. They'd stand there like a deer in the headlights and pass it back to me. If I passed it back to them, they'd pass it BACK to me. The cats would take a shot clock violation before they would shoot. I'm one of those guys who like to do player lock, so this was a big issue for me.

Please understand I'm not trying to bash Live or MM--I played Live for years, but, for me, ESPN is better now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »