Home

Defense Advice

This is a discussion on Defense Advice within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2019, 10:44 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Defense Advice

Can anyone give me some tips on how to play better defense??? I used to play this game quite a bit when it first came out and I'm getting back into it again. However, I cant seem to play defense to save my life...the CPU always moves the ball around the perimeter until they pass it to someone cutting at the basket for an easy layup. I turned down my blocking because I dont want to see a bunch of blocks every game but I feel like this has allowed the easy shots in the paint to happen. Is there something I can do to get a good balance of contested shots without too many blocks?

Last edited by VTHokie525; 02-09-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2019, 05:35 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Defense Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
Can anyone give me some tips on how to play better defense??? I used to play this game quite a bit when it first came out and I'm getting back into it again. However, I cant seem to play defense to save my life...the CPU always moves the ball around the perimeter until they pass it to someone cutting at the basket for an easy layup. I turned down my blocking because I dont want to see a bunch of blocks every game but I feel like this has allowed the easy shots in the paint to happen. Is there something I can do to get a good balance of contested shots without too many blocks?
Have you tried a 2-3 zone?
Old 05-03-2019, 01:00 AM   #3
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525

I've been playing EA's Bball games since Live '98 and there have never been any such thing as "Defense"..Madden was the same way..Whomever had the ball last won as you scored on every possession..lolol
Old 05-16-2020, 02:11 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm assuming you already know to hold R1 to get your guy into optimal defensive position.

When a good shooter gets the ball on the perimeter, tap Triangle for the close-out, which will deter him from shooting while staying in good position.

If the other team pushes the ball, take hold of somebody and sprint straight into the paint to stop an easy basket. Don't mess around; just get to the paint.

When the other team's point guard brings the ball up near the sideline, you can "come outta nowhere" and quickly put a body on him, forcing him toward the sideline for the clumsy "falling out of bounds" animation. (This is pretty cheap, honestly. It feels more well-earned when it happens along the baseline.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »