Home

Did something AMAZINGLY stupid

This is a discussion on Did something AMAZINGLY stupid within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-23-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Did something AMAZINGLY stupid

I'm a frequent lurker here but I'm running out of ideas to solve this "little" problem. This isn't your average "having trouble getting the rosters on my 360" plea for help.

So I buy the Datel Xport docking station, rip it open, convert FK's z36 file to a .bin using XiC, and get ready to transfer the file directly into my hard drive (for those unfamiliar with the Xport, you can plug the entire hard drive into it rather than just a memory card).

So, like a fool I don't read the instructions, because naturally with all my years of copying rosters to my PS2, this should be a breeze. I created a roster file on my Xbox in NCAA...renamed my new .bin file to the same name, and did a restore from image. A warning popped up stating that what I was replacing wasn't the same size...I figured this was replacing a blank roster file with one that had names. Turns out what I somehow did was wipe out the entire hard drive, leaving it now with only the roster file in there. The device is no longer recognized by the xbox as a storage device.

Now, I've already accepted that EVERYTHING that I had on the drive is gone. I'm just looking to somehow restore the thing to a blank, functioning xbox hard drive. Are there any "default" .bin's out there for an entire hard drive? Could there possibly be an "undo" feature i'm not seeing? I already checked my computer to see if it made a backup of the drive before replacing it...I couldn't find one. Losing everything doesn't even bother me right now. I'm so football obsessed I just want to start my dynasty tonight (without going out & buying a new HD).

Anyhow, if anyone knows anything, please let me know. I'll be calling Datel support tomorrow after 6pm est once they're open again. Thanks in advance fellas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Did something AMAZINGLY stupid

You need to reinstall the software driver of your hd. Usually, when you buy a HD, it comes with a cd (it contains the drivers).

Try to search the drivers for your HD in google or go to a xbox360 forum and search for something like: drivers to connect hd to 360.

Im pretty convinced you deleted really everything in your hd INCLUDING itīs drivers.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks for the reply. I too am pretty sure there is nothing on the hard drive except for the roster file...no dashboard, no nothing. In big bold letters in the manual it says to "make an image of your hard drive BEFORE doing anything in case you F up". Silly me. I'm grabbing a friend's hard drive and am going to try to make an image of that one, then basically paste it back onto mine to hopefully get it operational again.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
Rookie

MattCoz's Arena

OVR: 2

Wow, that sucks, hopefully you find a way to restore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
You need to reinstall the software driver of your hd. Usually, when you buy a HD, it comes with a cd (it contains the drivers).

Try to search the drivers for your HD in google or go to a xbox360 forum and search for something like: drivers to connect hd to 360.

Im pretty convinced you deleted really everything in your hd INCLUDING itīs drivers.
I don't think you understand, he's talking about his 360 hard drive.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:22 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

connect
it to your x360 and go to your dashboard/system/memory where you should be
able to format the drive.

If that doesnt work all is not lost, dont worry I have some files that you can throw in the Xport software so you can format with the xbox 360. Let me know.

you can also use HDDHackr to fix it.

Last edited by freezeframe; 07-26-2007 at 02:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCoz
Wow, that sucks, hopefully you find a way to restore it.

I don't think you understand, he's talking about his 360 hard drive.
ooops.... silly me. Im sorry, i thought he was talking about a regular usb connected HD.

I donīt have a 360, so i really canīt help out anymore...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »