Home

Metallicarl's "Who's Number One?" All-time PS3 Roster

This is a discussion on Metallicarl's "Who's Number One?" All-time PS3 Roster within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2014, 10:24 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Metallicarl's "Who's Number One?" All-time PS3 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
Ok, After telling you how nice you were to do all this work...let me cause some trouble for you...Hopefully not too much.

I noticed that you had 1966 Army on your list. They were certainly a good team but how about replacing them with the truly GREAT 1946 Army team of Blanchard and Davis(Mr. INSIDE and Mr. OUTSIDE) --2 Heisman trophy winners.

I know that meaningful stats are nearly impossible for this old of a team. Still, you might consider falling back on a more subjective approach for this ONE team given how much more successful they were than their 1966 buddies.
Of course, IF I get this one past you .... I might also suggest replacing 1977 Arkansas with the Hogs national champ team of 1964.

Don't panic---I said "might".

Aren't you sorry you invited people like me to debate things?
Old 12-12-2014, 09:40 PM   #10
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Metallicarl's "Who's Number One?" All-time PS3 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
Of course, IF I get this one past you .... I might also suggest replacing 1977 Arkansas with the Hogs national champ team of 1964.

Don't panic---I said "might".

Aren't you sorry you invited people like me to debate things?
You know I always love talking old school football with you. I would love to put some of the pre-1966 teams in there but if I try to rate them honestly to play against modern teams, they would not be playable....the backs and ends are comparable but the OL's are just too small....and a lot of them were two way players. I might just do a future roster of pre-1966 teams so they would match up better physically.....I had to leave some teams out that I really wanted to include like 64 Arkansas, 63 Navy, 69 Texas, 60 Minnesota. Plus, I had a few teams that I just wanted to include like 75 UCLA and 77 Arkansas...I remember watching UCLA upset Ohio St( with Archie Grffin). Loved that team with Wendell Tyler, Wally Henry, Jerry Robinson, Randy Cross, etc....and the Arkansas team that destroyed Oklahoma with a bunch of their stars suspended and included Ron Calcagni, Dan Hampton, Ben Cowins, Jerry Eckwood, etc. In a couple of weeks I'll post a roster that will have a few teams complete to test out.
By the way, before I release it I want to preseason rank the teams. If you get time maybe post who you think would be the top 10....and that goes for anyone that wants to post a top 10.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:51 PM   #11
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Here is the scales I will be using for Agility and Acceleration. Using this gave me some really odd ratings based on the way I have always viewed ratings. I used the NFL combine shuttle for agility and the 3-cone for acceleration. As a result there are OL that have agilty in the high 80's, sometimes higher than backs. And using the common speed chart there are OL with speed as low as 39 and CB's and RB's with speed in the 70's. But so far testing games the results are very true to life:

AGILITY/Shuttle Time
3.80=99
4.00=94
4.20=89
4.40=84
4.60=79
4.80=74
5.00=69
5.20=64
5.40=59
5.60=54
5.80=49

ACCELERATION/3-Cone
6.50=99
6.70=95
6.90=91
7.10=87
7.30=83
7.50=79
7.70=75
7.90=71
8.10=67
8.30=63
8.50=59
8.70=55
8.90=51
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #12
MVP

marcuscouch10's Arena

OVR: 0

can someone convert this to xbox i need this bad
Old 12-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Metallicarl's "Who's Number One?" All-time PS3 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicarl
You know I always love talking old school football with you. I would love to put some of the pre-1966 teams in there but if I try to rate them honestly to play against modern teams, they would not be playable....the backs and ends are comparable but the OL's are just too small....and a lot of them were two way players. I might just do a future roster of pre-1966 teams so they would match up better physically.....I had to leave some teams out that I really wanted to include like 64 Arkansas, 63 Navy, 69 Texas, 60 Minnesota. Plus, I had a few teams that I just wanted to include like 75 UCLA and 77 Arkansas...I remember watching UCLA upset Ohio St( with Archie Grffin). Loved that team with Wendell Tyler, Wally Henry, Jerry Robinson, Randy Cross, etc....and the Arkansas team that destroyed Oklahoma with a bunch of their stars suspended and included Ron Calcagni, Dan Hampton, Ben Cowins, Jerry Eckwood, etc. In a couple of weeks I'll post a roster that will have a few teams complete to test out.
By the way, before I release it I want to preseason rank the teams. If you get time maybe post who you think would be the top 10....and that goes for anyone that wants to post a top 10.
I will definitely look forward to the test roster. Also if you do get around to the pre-1966 roster-that woudl be FANTASTIC !!
Old 12-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #14
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

I know Colorado shared the title in 1990 but an argument can be made the 1994 team was their best team ever.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 12-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #15
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
I know Colorado shared the title in 1990 but an argument can be made the 1994 team was their best team ever.
The 94 team was probably jut as good, they had a more explosive offense with Kordell, Salaam, Carruth, and Westbrook but that 90 defense was awesome...Greg Biekert, Chad Brown, Kannavis McGhee, Alfred Williams, Joel Steed, Deon Figures and Leonard Renfro. I just had to go with 90 since I could only do one. Really tough deciding on some schools....USC 1972 or 2005, Nebraska 1995 or 1971, Notre Dame 1966 or 1988, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #16
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Saw some question marks in your team list.. thought I'd drop my $0.02.

Cincinnati I'd go 2009, made it to the BCS, were #4 in the final polls IIRC.

NIU I'd go 2013 or 2012, 2012 for the BCS Bowl, 2013 as they just had a successful season.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »