Home

NCAA Football 13 Presentation Wish List

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Presentation Wish List within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #17
Rookie

mac2d4's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 13 Presentation Wish List

There are several things I like and dislike on the game. These are my suggestions.
The atmosphere of the stadiums: Its very close to actually being there.

The new tackling system: It works like a dream, now you actually have to come in contact with the ball carrier. You no longer have to dive to make a tackle.

3D grass: Its finally in the game that players look like they are stepping on grass or turf.

Now the things that need improvement (most involves game play issues, still apparent all these years later):

Momentum based system needs work. too many collisions where a ball carrier just stops and is not carried forward or backward. It happens sometimes. But the game does not take into consideration angles, speed and strength in the individuals which make up the play. I'm sorry if it does, but I don't see it near well enough. In addition to that players, even LaMichael James, needs to plant his foot before making a cut at full speed. I can still have the turbo button pressed and make a sudden change in direction that is all to unrealistic.

Turbo button needs to go: I want to concentrate on the blocks not hammering down on the turbo button at the wrong time. It worked well in Madden why not here.

The suction cup hands: You guys still have not solved the issue where the ball just manages to "jump" and suction its self to a players hands. You guys made the collisions work without people sliding into position for tackles. Why not make hands actually catch the ball instead of a players arms and hands at their side with the ball bouncing in front of them and then the ball just miraculously ends up in the correct position in their hands. If the ball is not in the correct position the player with it should adjust it and correct the position.

Blocking: The AI blocking last year was good. This year its spotty. There is still a problem with blockers instead of blocking the designated man stop and take on a block that is meaningless and causes the play to break down. The read option play is a great play and the game last year worked very well to showcase this. This year the ducks O-line has breakdowns a little too often. Im still successful at using the play but its hard when you see a lineman not block a person they should have and said lineman is 10 yards past the line.

Level of difficulty: This is one thing I would like to see abolished in every sports game. You guys have enough stats to do away with the archaic method of determine how difficult an opponent will be. Cant you guys take into consideration the strengths, weaknesses, tendencies and ability of the teams and the individual players into account, even if they crack under pressure? Not every player is equal not every team is equal. To not have a level that greatly weighs on stacking the odds against the player would be great. I would love it if teams would play like their counterparts not just quickly lining up to get the play off (Oregon sometimes runs the same read option play 2, 3 or four times in a row). Also let the AI teams take a couple of seconds to adjust. Its really annoying when the computer chooses its play within .2 nano seconds of the play screen coming up and you need to scramble to find the right D call. Also does the computer need to come straight to the line and hike the ball with 25 seconds remaining each time? I would love to see some home field advantage with the computer getting a few procedural penalties called. Again it worked in Madden a few years ago. I would love to play a full 15 minute game and have a tight ball game instead of scoring 80+ points.

Gameday experience: also the Oregon mascot does pushups after every touchdown in relation to the score and the crowd counts with each pushup. It would be nice to see him hoisted on the board the cheerleaders put him on while he does each push up with the crowd counting in the background. That would be awesome. Also the duck rides the Harley out in front of the players with chip kelly leading the players onto the field. They don't run alongside the duck.

Also I would love to be able to play with the Oregon national championship game jerseys. T'would be nice.

These are suggestions I would love to see work in the game.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #18
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Please completely strip the commentary and add some new staffs, with tons of new lines... PLEASE! I've finally turned down the commentary volume because it was starting to really irritate me.

Watching vids of NCAA '02 and it's the same exact commentary... that's pathetic
Old 07-30-2011, 01:16 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

Pre-game: Fans tailgating, camera pans over to Corso and group. With a multitude of rabid fans behind them screaming, Lee reaches under the desk and puts on the mascot's head of the team he thinks will win. Crowd reacts depending on if it's the home or away team of course. Save this for BIG games, like rivalries or the game of the week.

Gametime: More stat overlays, announcers take about current streaks; for example, home winning streaks, defensive has x takeaways the last y games, players on a current hot/ cold streak, etc etc. The biggest addition for gametime would be: You're playing in your conference championship game ranked #3 in the BCS. Midway thru a quarter, ESPN takes you to an in-game look involving the #2 BCS team. Two seconds in the game to go, the team you want to lose is in the red zone down by 4. In broadcast cam, you watch and root during the last play of that game for the defense to hold so you have a shot at playing for the national championship. They had this feature on Bill Walsh football for the SEGA GENESIS!!!

Post game: NFL2K5 partnered with ESPN that year and did a amazing presentation job during and after the game. Post game, you watch Sportscenter recap Top 25 action for the week including your game along with major injuries to star players.

I agree with Senior Day and the student section too, great ideas and would add another sense of realism to the series =)

Oh, and bring back the camera shaking while on the road during a critical moment in a top 25 stadium. That was a great feature.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #20
Rookie

WinMINTwins's Arena

OVR: 3

-More traditions and fight songs. There are maybe 40 schools with their own entrances, and some are missing big things. Big schools are missing their fight songs.
On a personal note, Tech especially is getting the short stick. Although I can find their fight song on previous iterations, it is now replaced with a generic song. Their entrance is kind of stale, too. Is the Masked Rider not the coolest thing at Texas Tech?
If the question is the atmosphere of the game, like in the ads, why are fans of smaller schools being left out?
-Show scenes a few hours before the game. Tailgating, Lee Corso's pick, or more traditions. Back to Tech - the Saddle Tramps cover the statue of Will Rogers and Soapspuds in scarlet paper the night before the game.
-The end of the game is boring and sometimes, just plain stupid. So let's say I start my dynasty as offensive coordinator at Vanderbilt. When Alabama shows up on our schedule for a home game, we're excited. We win in a close game. We just upset a conference rival that's just a few years removed from a National Championship. Our fans are happy, and so are our players, but they just act like it's a win versus FAU... Exactly like FAU.
Okay, so I understand they can't fulfill every demand about the presentation issues. But why is the winning coach of the National Championship holding the Coach's Trophy with one hand? (Look it up on YouTube) It's going to fall on his toes, shatter, and leave its shards in his feet!

Also, great idea for Homecoming and SportsCenter.

Last edited by WinMINTwins; 08-02-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #21
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Switch the players running out of the tunnel and the players stretching. It should be the other way around. They don't get all amped up and hyped to run out of the tunnel to stretch. If you're gonna talk about the players show it first, then go into a cutscene or something and then go to the players running out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #22
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzer
I agree completely.

Personally, I want the game to feel exactly like a Broadcast. I want more ESPN overlays, more "Broadcast" camera angles, etc.

The team entrances are okay, but I don't know how you're supposed to feel about them. They don't feel like a broadcast, and they also don't feel like you're on the field with the team. Frankly, they're just kinda weird.

I think there should be different play modes. Maybe something like:

NORMAL MODE: How things are now.
BROADCAST MODE: More stat overlays, standard camera angles, more commentator action
FIELD MODE: Less overlays, more on-the-field camera angles, less commentator action, louder stadium sound effects (this actually needs to be improved overall as well)

Personally, this is more of what I want to see. Also, like someone else said, although it's probably asking too much, it'd be pretty awesome to play big games with ESPN crews, Big Ten games with Big Ten Network crews, SEC games with CBS crews, BCS games with Fox crews. Even a small step in that direction would be better. I would even pay for this feature as a downloadable extra. Hell, I'd pay for any of these features as downloadable extras.
The only game FOX does is a non BCS game which is the Cotton Bowl. ESPN took over the BCS games last year.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:03 AM   #23
Rookie

jstadlin's Arena

OVR: 1

Fans and bands be a part of pregame entrances. Like when the band makes a tunnel for the players.

Student sections

Crowd rushing field after upset win

Authentic team flags for cheerleaders and authentic cheerleader uniforms

Uva needs updated endzone for bowl games, they still have the 2009 endzone with the white diamonds for bowl games, even though it is 2 years outdated and their new endzone is in the game

authentic stadium styled endzones for every bowl game. For example music city bowl, holiday bowl, bcs games.

Option to play bcs national championship game at any of the 4 stadiums in play now mode. Mske it unlockable after winning a championshipnat each of the 4 venues in dynasty or rtg mode.

All 32 nfl stadiums and every bowl game

Have scoreboard say espn, abc, espn 2 espn u or espn 3 on it, make it so users can choose in play now, and in dynasty mode it could be affected by your tv exposure rating and how good your team/matchup is.

New commentary

Multiple broadcast teams including cbs

Add brad nessler to broadcast.

Pregame show and college gameday

Celebration selection after tds like in fifa, some could result in unsportsmanlike conduct penalties like in real life
Old 08-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #24
Rookie

lancedirk13's Arena

OVR: 0
I love the idea of a game being broadcast on either espn, espn2, espn3 or abc and having that affect the teams exposure. Awesome

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »